College Football Reconferencing (WTF) (NRR)

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
OK, so I'm relatively up on this reconferencing shenanigans going on in college football, but I still haven't read a few things:
1) Why is the Big 12 dissolving or if they're not dissolving, why are they so prone to this poaching?
2) Will this affect college basketball, baseball, etc?
3) This will seemingly obliterate "the way" the BCS has organized bowls, won't it?
4) How many tears will HarveyCanal shed if Texas plays games not in the South or Midwest?
College football pundits scratching their chins, please speak on it!

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Why would I shed tears when I've lived in both Cali and Oregon? Never even been to the Midwest...so Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri be gone as far as I'm concerned. I'd actually love to take a roadtrip to see the Horns play in Seattle.

Reportedly, USC is about to be forbidden to play in bowl games for 2 (or is it 4?) years on top of having to forfeit all their 2004 wins and Bush's Heisman trophy.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    lifelong lawrence kansas resident here. ku really needs to pull something out of their ass to latch-on to a big conference before the dust settles. 4 16 team mega conferences is coming. iv'e read every rumor in the book at this point. the rest of the b12 south going to the pac 10, or maybe a few teams going to the big10 or sec. maybe a super basketball conference thrown together. ku heading to the mwc. the mvc. as i said, every rumor possible. the sky is falling.