Gambling in the U. S. and A.

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Here's one doe...

My understanding is that thanks to Bugsy Siegel and dem, legal gambling is only allowed in a few states (NV, NJ and the Indian Reservations and what have you).

Is online gambling legal or not for you, my x-de ponned brethren, if the site is outside the States? How is this enforced?

Comments

• There are no laws saying you can't gamble on the internet. The laws that were enacted revolved around the banks and Credit cards funding your gambling. As such, it becomes difficult to "fund" your online gambling account and I am certain wire transfers of winnings are under a supervised scrutiny.

This is on the federal level, however i believe some states straight outlawed accessing online poker sites. or they did.

Money i've received usually is funneled through some weird American pseudo-corporation in check form signed by some individual.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    There are ways to get money onto online gambling sites from the US, but you can't just deposit from your bank account and withdraw your winnings immediately, it can get pretty convoluted. This goes for sports betting sites as well as poker sites. There is a pretty strong movement trying to get the law changed to recognize poker as a game of skill and not chance, thus making it a separate issue from sports betting or other forms of gaming like blackjack or roulette, but for some reason Congress is too busy dealing with minor issues like health care and the deficit. They need to get their priorities in order.