Brasil and Argentina

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
I'm just sayin'. Brasil and Argentina. How far do you folls see these teams advancing in the cup? What is really good?

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Brazil will be solid, unexciting, and cheered on to the later stages by all the neutrals who still think they play the kind of free flowing, all out attacking football that died a death in 1982.

It's a brave man/woman indeed who would wager on where Argentina will get to, they've had all the promise only to fall apart when it matters the last few tournaments. This time round they're a shocking mess and will probably go on to win the thing.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    A European team has never won the World Cup outside of Europe

It will be interesting to see Argentina playing without proper full-backs, a rejection of all things free-flowing, attacking and modern in football.

Brazil seem like the form side although lack the forward spark compared to their usual high standards.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    One of them better win

I got 50 quid riding on a SA winner at 9 to 4

That's a value bet right there.
    Argentina with Macherano, Tevez and Messi are a force despite the worst that The Cheat can do.

Brazil are Brazil. Pedigree. Can't say I have enjoyed watching them any time since that fantasy football team of 82, the last time that international team football was truly beautiful, give or take the odd moments of Hagi-inspired Romanian face-meltation or S.Korean bravura powerplaying.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Fray Ben-tos and cheap red wine
    Is all they ate in the Argen-tyne,
    But after a fight with the English navy,
    They asked for the recipe for chips and gravy.

Argies to continue to reap bad karma for 78 bribery and 86 handball. Not feeling their chances of going all the way.

Work-shy Samba-Kings to be out cynicism-ed by cannier Euro reppers. Robinho to play like he should have for City, doe. City to out-stare Barca till the competition is done and get Ibrahimobitch + 10 Mill for the swap.

I feel the trophy will be tainted by bolognese or the blood of a crushed donkey come the end.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Argies to continue to reap bad karma for 78 bribery and 86 handball. Not feeling their chances of going all the way.

Is that why England havent done shit in more than 4 decades? They must still be paying the price for the World Cup they bought back in 66...:-)

This will be Messi's World Cup, the same way 86 belonged to Maradonna.....

a

a

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Fray Ben-tos and cheap red wine
    Is all they ate in the Argen-tyne,
    But after a fight with the English navy,
    They asked for the recipe for chips and gravy.

Work-shy Samba-Kings to be out cynicism-ed by cannier Euro reppers. Robinho to play like he should have for City, doe. City to out-stare Barca till the competition is done and get Ibrahimobitch + 10 Mill for the swap.

I feel the trophy will be tainted by bolognese or the blood of a crushed donkey come the end.

:beerbang:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts