shipping from Brazil

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Someone tell me it doesn't cost US$17.00 to send a 7" single from Brazil to Australia. Why do I get all the rip-off merchants on ebay?

Comments

• wihlsunwihlsun 63 Posts
    I ordered a 7" from GEMM this weekend from Brazil and this was the email I recieved:

Dear Jon,

I know you've asked for Express shipping. You must be in a hurry for

this record. I suggest Priority shipping, which takes almost the same time as

Express and it's much cheaper.

Express overseas would be US$ 16.00 and it takes about 3-5 working

days, whereas Priority would be US$ 7.55, taking 5-7 working days.

Looks like you're getting sonned.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Thanks for that man. Hey can you PM me the seller's Gemm ID. I may need to quote this to my seller and/or ebay.

Thanks.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Hey, shipping 7inches is now just as expensive as shipping 12"s.

I got into hassle with a Brazilian seller, but it seems to be true that the Brazilian postal services raised their fees. My seller said that there was nothing he could do. I had to pay 13 or 14 US Dollars for the shipping of my 7". Don't get into a fight over this... the guy could be right.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn,
    thanks for the heads-up Grope!

Peace
    Mark

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    rule of thumb, shipping from brazil always takes forever and costs alot.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Just had 11 records and a t-shirt shipped to me from the UK through UPS airmail. It was insurred and only cost me $20!, can you believe that shit? super super cheap. Fuck, royal mail, go with UPS.

Maybe its like that in Brazil, who knows?

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

I just got an LP from Brazil today... packed well, shipped priority registered. The actual postage on the shipping form was 34 reais. At today's exchange rate that's USD$14.60.

I think some shippers tack on a few extra $ for handling and packaging, or ship economy instead of priority. But Americans do that too.

• rule of thumb, shipping from brazil always takes forever and costs alot.

i used to think that but I got a couple records from DJ Pancake and it took about 5-6 days from payment to doorstep. I've had records sent priority from the same state take longer.

dave

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

i used to think that but I got a couple records from DJ Pancake and it took about 5-6 days from payment to doorstep. I've had records sent priority from the same state take longer.

dave

Okay, maybe the 'takes forever' part isn't a given... I sometimes check the postmark date, and a lot of the Brazilian dealers can take a week between payment and making it down to the post office. But I think the prices do reflect the reality of the postal service.