King Herbert & the Knights, WOW!!!

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
I know there's only a handful of these around, I just never seen or heard of a sealed one. And this is a bit steep for my linty pockets.

Comments

• fantastic record but 1 G for a sealed copy seems mighty steep.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    There is a copy on ebay right now at 35.00, but I was watching a copy of Pearly Queen's Quit Jivin' about 3 months ago start at 9.99 and jump to almost 1900.00 in the last 2 hours before the auction ended. I had no idea the King Herbert lp could get the kind of money it gets either.
    Attached files

Ooops! the one I commented on is not sealed. How much do opened copies go for in nice shape?
    Attached files

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    fishmongerfunk said:
    fantastic record but 1 G for a sealed copy seems mighty steep.

That's not surprising given recent trends in how much "known" rare records have gone for. All the Paragon stuff is legitimately tough to get a hold of and a sealed copy would be especially obscure. $1000 would have been surprisingly high even a year or so ago but shit man, when you have Hoctor albums regularly selling for $500+? A G for a sealed King Herbert seems kind of reasonable albmost.

• mannybolone said:
    fishmongerfunk said:
    fantastic record but 1 G for a sealed copy seems mighty steep.

That's not surprising given recent trends in how much "known" rare records have gone for. All the Paragon stuff is legitimately tough to get a hold of and a sealed copy would be especially obscure. $1000 would have been surprisingly high even a year or so ago but shit man, when you have Hoctor albums regularly selling for $500+? A G for a sealed King Herbert seems kind of reasonable albmost.

you may be on to something there.

my vg+ copy can be had for 450

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    soulman has one on ebay right now

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    soulman has one on ebay right now

He had one posted a few weeks ago. I guess dude didn't pay or his lucky ass is sitting on a few copies.

Dude didn't pay. And, he called him out in the item description!!!! Lol.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    Dude didn't pay. And, he called him out in the item description!!!! Lol.

If you're talking about the "..out of town..." comment, he has that in all his descriptions.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    BTW, Tony what the fuck is your avatar?!! It's seriously weirding me out, LOL.