Asprin - LA - Records - Thank You

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I just got back from LA.Thanks to Asprin and his true love for putting me up, and putting up with me. As many of you know, they are the best hosts in the world.Stopped by Amoeba and ran into Guzzo, hung out for a bit, he showed us the gospel bins I grabbed a Singing Sons Of Washington DC, then went across the aisle to comedy for a Supershrink. As we were walking out the store DJDaze called. Turns out he and Herm (up from Tucson) were in Amoeba and we never saw them. We went back and tracked them down, and hung out for a while longer, found a stash of Vanguard Squad 45s. There were other people I met at Amoeba, but I was tired and can't remember now. I know Murs was there.Plans for a Friday night getogether with them and shig and others didn't pan out. Went bowling with my hosts. I was so bad that Asprin had to take some of my habitis and give me his so I could break 100. B on the other hand bowled 6 strikes putting us both to shame.Most of my time was spent digging through Philipino folk lps in a scorching-hot-dirty-low-ceilinged-attic in Covina. Soon I will be the largest on line seller of Philipino folk lps. Send your Philipino wants today.Dan

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Send your Philipino wants today.

ha

you got that 'corazon aquino sings neil young' on wax? i hear it's got a big drum break.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Just got back in town from a small trip up the coast to visit my girl's cousin. It was nice having you here Dan. You were a great guest. Good luck with the records. I've gotta got a get ready for my first day on my new job.

got any lil' fl*p?