Custom S.erato discs?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
What would it take to have a custom Soul Strut s.erato disc made, 7" style? Shit needs to happen, you know?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Email Serato pressings. They're pretty easy to deal with and a TON would be sold just off the serato control vinyl collectors.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    How come no one's ever done a formal (i.e. not promo) version of a 7" with the 45 hole?

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Actually it's practically impossible to get a legit serato control disc into manufacturing unless you are stonesthrow etc.
    I proposed a few (what I thought) were great ideas including te or you listed Odub but they were disinterested and told me thier production scedule qas filled for the next two years

aight.

So I'm making them anyways and they will be available this summer at te store.

Hollz!

4YearGraduate said:
    Actually it's practically impossible to get a legit serato control disc into manufacturing unless you are stonesthrow etc.
    I proposed a few (what I thought) were great ideas including te or you listed Odub but they were disinterested and told me thier production scedule qas filled for the next two years

aight.

Hollz!

45 size? Jyeah!

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    yes sir, big holes.

i am just working on perfect the lock groove/loop technology on the flip side of the disc so you can drop the 45 and it loops indefinitely at the end on a break or something.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    yes sir, big holes.

i am just working on perfect the lock groove/loop technology on the flip side of the disc so you can drop the 45 and it loops indefinitely at the end on a break or something.

sick!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:

aight.

Hollz!

I did the same thing and got the same response. They're pretty much just interested in Stonesthrow and odd niche crap like Starkey. I was proposing some LA gangster rap on dodger blue but nope. I'm thinking of going over to Traktor, from what I've seen it's a lot doper.

I'm surprised Stones Throw hasn't done a 7" yet. Seems completely obvious for them.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    actually they have / are. the dilla donut shop 7" pack thingy has control tones on the flips.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    djdaze said:
    I'm thinking of going over to Traktor, from what I've seen it's a lot doper.

How so?

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    actually they have / are. the dilla donut shop 7" pack thingy has control tones on the flips.

You sure those are 7"s? They don't have the "big hole" and the site's own description says they're "2xLP" which suggests 12"s.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Will someone please make a scratchy seal sir otto disc? Seems obvious to throw some skip-less scratches on one side, nothing fancy maybe an ahhh and a fresh amongst others, and a tone on the other, not sure why this hasn't happened yet.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I have the Jazzman 7" control discs with Mr. Clean - What's going on on the flip.
    Pretty nice, but still small hole.

jaysus said:
    I have the Jazzman 7" control discs with Mr. Clean - What's going on on the flip.
    Pretty nice, but still small hole.

I had those too (lost 'em, wah) but the small hole + 33/3rd made them kind of pseudo 7"s.

We need a REAL 45 RPM disc batches.

Unherd said:
    djdaze said:
    I'm thinking of going over to Traktor, from what I've seen it's a lot doper.

How so?

the amount of control you have over effects...the compatible hardware...the fact that you can use 4 decks...the quality of the control tone and lack of latency issues.

YNOT said:
    Will someone please make a scratchy seal sir otto disc? Seems obvious to throw some skip-less scratches on one side, nothing fancy maybe an ahhh and a fresh amongst others, and a tone on the other, not sure why this hasn't happened yet.

There's a Stokyo scratch record out, that's the only official scratch record with a S.erato tone that exists.

There is a Scratchy Seal record coming out with a tone on the other side but it will be for use with Traktor.

As for a 7" the Jazzman is the only official release so far, aside from a couple of promo ones Serato did that are rare as hell, one of which has the big hole.

YNOT said:
    Will someone please make a scratchy seal sir otto disc? Seems obvious to throw some skip-less scratches on one side, nothing fancy maybe an ahhh and a fresh amongst others

This ain't 2000 anymore!

hey I just realized we can type Serato

serato serato serato

mannybolone said:
    YNOT said:
    Will someone please make a scratchy seal sir otto disc? Seems obvious to throw some skip-less scratches on one side, nothing fancy maybe an ahhh and a fresh amongst others

This ain't 2000 anymore!

check the comments

This just came out today...new midi controller for Serato from Novation...looks pretty fresh

http://www.novationmusic.com/products/digital_dj/dicer/Overview

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    The functionaility looks cool, but the actual design device looks terrible. Should have made it match the Techs or at least be a lot more minimal

yeah I've been debating but I think I'm going with this midi controller.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/traktor-kontrol-x1/

works fine with Serato and will work even better with Traktor if I decide to go that route