F**K PAYPAL!!!!!

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
I've gone through waaaaaaay to many problems with paypal this past year and I know that most of yall have probably been there as well. I don't do any shady business acts to deserve the "random frozen account" treatment that I'm in the middle of now . I'm considering an on-line merchant account and just saying goodbye to paypal all together. Any suggestions, merchant account recommendations, etc. Any ways of still conducting business on ebay and just bypassing paypal. I know the fine, level headed Soul Strut community can point me in the right direction. Help a seller out!!

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    what exactly happened, if you can divulge? i'm just curious because i always hear about people having paypal horror stories but my dealings with paypal have been all good pretty much since it's inception.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Maybe Amazon Payments or Amazon WebPay? authorize.net?

Things are changing.

I just saw this with Mastercard

http://www.mastercard.com/us/company/en/newsroom/mc_launching_new_open_api_developer_portal.html

Visa bought CyberSource
    http://corporate.visa.com/media-center/press-releases/press1010.jsp

I wonder how things like this is going.

http://www.paywaremobile.com/

https://squareup.com/

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    what exactly happened, if you can divulge? i'm just curious because i always hear about people having paypal horror stories but my dealings with paypal have been all good pretty much since it's inception.

Just out of the blue my account was "randomly" chosen to have the funds frozen until the bidders from my last set of auctions receive there records. Just the funds from this past set of auctions. I can access money from anything prior to this. There policy says they are testing a few new things and they "randomly" choose accounts to do this. Apparently this is affecting others right now as well, but now I have to come out of pocket to ship 10 packages (6 of these are international). And I'm totally good on feedback and anything else that could flag me for this to take place. Here is a site dedicated to people that have faced this exact problem for no reason, Check it out.

I've always thought the "random" account freeze was a way for paypal to make extra money off interest and investments using your money.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    My friend has a merchant account on his iPhone with a swipe attachment for the top of the phone. I'm headed this direction. Less fees, and no f*ck-off meddling (randomly?) with your business.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    My friend has a merchant account on his iPhone with a swipe attachment for the top of the phone. I'm headed this direction. Less fees, and no f*ck-off meddling (randomly?) with your business.

How does this work? Also for Euroman?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I had some a hole in France order a record then he took a month to pay me and sent it in two different pay pal payments then claimed he never got it. he had a low feedback. I have over 1000 positives, been a paypal member for years and provided tracking to prove it was sent. The still returned his money. $800 total and he kept the record.

I thought strutters stop selling to France?

Not about records, but there are some interesting stories in this thread about people dealing with ebay.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/c8vis/ok_you_guys_im_a_21yearold_who_was_making/

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I had some a hole in France order a record then he took a month to pay me and sent it in two different pay pal payments then claimed he never got it. he had a low feedback. I have over 1000 positives, been a paypal member for years and provided tracking to prove it was sent. The still returned his money. $800 total and he kept the record.

This the type of shit I'm talking about. The buyer gets so much protection and the seller always gets bent over!! And the thing that kills me is when the account is frozen they won't take the hold off it until your current packages are delivered. But the shipping funds are in the frozen account, so this is all out of pocket. They say you can ship through ebay but they only allow priority shipping. Someone in Japan or where ever is not going to pay 30 bucks to ship a $10 record. Although any record over $100 I will only ship priority but not every record goes over $100. It's a losing battle.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I have to be honest, I've been with Paypal for over 10 years and have had MINIMAL problems. It's all a matter of routine.

Funny thing is, with the new site, I made the plunge to go big-boy and get a merchant account and settled for Paypal. Like I said, out of convenience.

Since I got the merchant account over a month ago and have been doing 10 cent test transactions with no live site for them to look at, they flagged it as fraudulent. Currently I can accept money but CANNOT transfer money or make purchases with the money. Basically, they'll take it and make interest on it until I can provide that I am a legitimate business.

I sent them ALL the paper work, my EIN, my proof that I'm registered with PA as a business. They told me the review process takes 10 days and it has been 3 weeks. DUDE, WHAT THE FUCK???

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    PayPal is not a bank or credit card and is not subject to oversight by any federal financial agency as far as I know.

Much like the pay-day loan industry was a few years ago before their egregious behavior caused states and now the federal government to crack down on their shady practices.

Basically, PayPal is free to screw you via their terms of service (TOS), which they can change at a whim and you basically have no recourse.

My wife was selling Louis Vuitton purses from her private collection (the real deal, not the fakes) and she had two different buyers win bids, get buyer's remorse and not pay. Ebay would only credit her the seller's fees to her PayPal account, not the bank account they were drawn from. So that money sits in PayPal untapped since we have boycotted eBay and PayPal ever since.

eBay and PayPal (one and the same company) can go fuck themselves.

Raj:

Think twice about using PayPal as your merchant account. They are not subject to the same laws as a bank that host's your merchant account. Shop around and get yourself a real bank.

If I had need. I'd probably try out that squared up company.

Check out their features and costs at the bottom. I wonder what problems they are having.

https://squareup.com/features

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I'm reading this thread and look up to see a paypal banner ad being run right here on the strut. LOL

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Currently I can accept money but CANNOT transfer money or make purchases with the money.

My present situation exactly.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    KoolBreez said:
    Currently I can accept money but CANNOT transfer money or make purchases with the money.

My present situation exactly.

Call them up. I called them twice in the past couple days and got an agent within 5 minutes. They were very helpful too. The freeze has been lifted.