Racist Folls Take That

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Finally, somebody had the balls to deal with this shit that has been an embarassment forever. Stupid, racist ass institutions that think it's cool to call themselves Redmen and Indians. Shit is ignorant and unnecessary. Good Riddance. Props to the NCAA. http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2005/08/06/ncaa_mascot_ruling/Next we gotta go to DC and deal with these clowns:

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Who's going to break the news to:

From now on, he'll only be allowed to call himself Reggie Noble.

(I do applaud the ruling though. Way fucking overdue.)

Finally, somebody had the balls to deal with this shit that has been an embarassment forever. Stupid, racist ass institutions that think it's cool to call themselves Redmen and Indians. Shit is ignorant and unnecessary. Good Riddance. Props to the NCAA.

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2005/08/06/ncaa_mascot_ruling/

Next we gotta go to DC and deal with these clowns:

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Shit that makes sense. More teams should do this... I'm not sure how using derogatory terms regarding Native Americans has been acceptable for so long.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Yes, was glad to hear this on the radio. Though it was sad to hear Floridia is going to fight it in court because they say they have the backing of the Seminol nation and Oklahoma doesn't. Just give it up and call yourself the Wetlands or something!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Hey, if any of you strutters are alumi or current students at a school that is going to contest this ruling, perhaps we be a good time to flex some muscle and to tell them to drop this nonsense. FSU grads are you listening. My mom's school is on the list and I called her to tell her. She ain't sending no money if they hold onto that silly name (Carthage College- Redmen). Here's a list of schools that will be potentially affected:

ALcorn State- Braves
    Central Mich- Chippewas
    Catawba College- INdians
    Florida State- Seminoles
    U of Utah- Utes
    Midwestern U- Indians
    Indiana U- Pennsylvania (Indians)
    Cathage College- Redmen
    Bradley U- Braves
    Arkansas State- Indians
    Chowan College- Braves
    U of Illinois- Illini
    U of La Monroe- Indians
    McMurry U- Indians
    Mississippi College- Choctaws
    Newberry College- Indians
    U of N. Dakota- Fighting Siuox
    SE OK STate- (Savages) insane!!!

But seriously, I guess Native Americans have a case here, even tho I think its silly.

Cleveland Niggers
    Washington Wetbacks
    Florida State Kikes
    The Fighting Honkies

Put it into context.

This shit is way , imo. Maybe falcons don't like Atlanta using their name, or Bulls, or Jaguars. Yeah it sounds ridiculous, but you wait, someone will be offended by those names soon enough.

And when did it become wrong to say "retard"? Did some mentally challenged individuals come forth and say they didn't like being called "retarded"? Shit, my dad said "retard" the other day and some jackass got on his case. My dad is just old school, he didn't know.

I swear some people just wake up each day and the first thing they do is find something to bitch about.

But seriously, I guess Native Americans have a case here, even tho I think its silly.

Are you serious? I guess so since you think it's gay for people to car about thier rights. Plenty of Native Americans have said they don't like these names, so they should be given up. Do you thinnk that's to much to give to people whose country we took over? Whose more uptight the person that doesn't want us to us these names or the person that thinks complaining about it is gay?

Well, I'm just going to start a team called the Spearchuckers, and another called the Wetbacks, and another called The Stupid Insensative Ofey Cracker Ass Crackers.

Their is a big diff between animal names and the racial slurs that were used against a people for a long time. But I guess you can't see that.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Redskin is the equivalent of the racial slurs he listed...

Cleveland Niggers

Huh??

All teams with Native-American mascots. I'm saying, put it into context. Calling a team the "Redmen" (ex.) is no better than calling it the niggers, wetbacks, kikes, dagos, wops, etc.

Cleveland Niggers

Huh??

Just to give you a break for a minute......you do realize that Redskin is/was an insulting term?

I'd shut up while you're behind. It's cool if you want to be contrarian but seriously, you're just playing yourself.

I didn't take over anybody's country. Excuse me for being born here.

And is "Indian" really considered offensive now?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'd shut up while you're behind. It's cool if you want to be contrarian but seriously, you're just playing yourself.

I think its kind of cute...kind of like that moment you find out there is no santa claus

• I didn't take over anybody's country. Excuse me for being born here.

what is that supposed to mean?

Of course you didn't, but it's highly likely your direct relatives had plenty to do with the history of opression in this country. Would it kill you to give a little? As you said you were born here which means you have a certian amount of privalige built in to your life. It wouldn't hurt to give in a little to people without that privalige.

For plenty of "Native Americans" "Indian" isn't a big deal, but for some it is. Plus, it demonstates ignorance. The reason "Indians" was used was because Columbas was lost and thought he'd made it all the way around to Indian. Are you aware of any of this???????

• I'd shut up while you're behind. It's cool if you want to be contrarian but seriously, you're just playing yourself.

I.E.

STEP THE FUCK BACK FOR A SECOND

I think its kind of cute...kind of like that moment you find out there is no santa claus

We need a graelmin for "I am on the floor in a ball cracking up!"

Cleveland Niggers

Huh??

Just to give you a break for a minute......you do realize that Redskin is/was an insulting term?

Calm down. I'm sure that if they suddenly switched the name to the "Brownskins" everything would be a-ok.

I'm so PC Soulstrut right now.

Of course you didn't, but it's highly likely your direct relatives had plenty to do with the history of opression in this country. Would it kill you to give a little? As you said you were born here which means you have a certian amount of privalige built in to your life. It wouldn't hurt to give in a little to people without that privalige.

You guys are getting carried away. This isn't about Manhattan and some beads.

It's just about using racial slurs with little regard, when most other racial slurs are reserved for bar room and jokes and family reunions.

I.E.

STEP THE FUCK BACK FOR A SECOND

I'm actually tickled you made it your location.

You guys are getting carried away. This isn't about Manhattan and some beads.

It's just about using racial slurs with little regard, when most other racial slurs are reserved for bar room and jokes and family reunions.

Yea, I'm just trying to get him to think about the long history that leads up to these things. He doesn't seem to think that "redskin" is a racial slur. "Indian" really isn't a slur, it's just a misnomer (SP) that a lot of people don't like.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Plenty of Native Americans have said they don't like these names

just as many Native Americans have said they find no offense....they are aware that these names are used to acknowledge the bravery of the "Indians"....The mascots/chants etc are a different story.....and Redskin is not a term used in reference to skin color it's used to acknowledge the war paint "Indian" "warriors" wore in battle....

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    awww man, you chose Olivia?

awww man, you chose Olivia?

i had no choice...she won't be up long...she's cute enough though

Plenty of Native Americans have said they don't like these names

just as many Native Americans have said they find no offense....they are aware that these names are used to acknowledge the bravery of the "Indians"....The mascots/chants etc are a different story.....and Redskin is not a term used in reference to skin color it's used to acknowledge the war paint "Indian" "warriors" wore in battle....

Yea, but plenty of black people use the word nigger, does that mean everyone gets to use it? Does that mean a team can be named that? And pulez with the redskin, do you really think ignorant people aren't reffering to skin color. People that use terms like that could care less about actually historical context of body paint. Back when all these names came up Indians were the enemy and none of these terms originated in flattery or respect.

• Plenty of Native Americans have said they don't like these names

Yea, but plenty of black people use the word nigger, does that mean everyone gets to use it?

there's a lot of cornballs in the world(a few on this messageboard) that ask themselves the same question everyday.

Yea, but plenty of black people use the word nigger, does that mean everyone gets to use it? Does that mean a team can be named that?

Apples and Oranges

And pulez with the redskin, do you really think ignorant people aren't reffering to skin color.

you just answered your own question

People that use terms like that could care less about actually historical context of body paint.

yes..ignorance is bliss

Back when all these names came up Indians were the enemy and none of these terms originated in flattery or respect.

the only name that can be argued as blatantly...i repeat..blatantly offensive is redskins and i already addressed that

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'd be curious to hear actual "indians" (sorry) Native-Americans discussing this...

PS isn't saying indian akin to saying black? That's my take on it...I realize it's not hugely PC but my impression is that it isn't offensive either....savages/niggers...that's a totally different story...and while we're on the subject of being offensive...perhaps we should strike the derogatory graemlin from our board so as not to offend homosexual men and women...

perhaps we should strike the derogatory graemlin from our board so as not to offend homosexual men and women...

if the graemlin said FAG i would agree with you...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I...and while we're on the subject of being offensive...perhaps we should strike the derogatory graemlin from our board so as not to offend homosexual men and women...

oh that ol chestnut again.

I've mentioned this a few times, but the soulstrut rule is that homosexuals are the one group it is ok to make slurs against...

the heterosexuals love being able to reserve the right to scream out faggot when ever possible. Besides I've been told its not offensive

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    perhaps we should strike the derogatory graemlin from our board so as not to offend homosexual men and women...

if the graemlin said FAG i would agree with you...

The implication of the GHEY graemlin (no matter how you spell it) is the same as FAG and you know it--100% negative...look up the last 10 fools who used and tell me they used it in a positive or non-derogatory light...I think that you'd be lying if you told me that...

• I wonder how many native americans are on the roles at these schools. Just curious, that's all.