Small World

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
A couple of things by way of explanation. First, my father was a huge Doors fan. We had someone play Light My Fire at his memorial service. Needless to say, I dig on some Lizard King steez too. Second, I was an exchange student in Paris, France in the late 1980s. So my host father is visiting from France and we get to talking about the famous Parisian cemetery Pere Lachaise. It's well known for its incredible array of celebrity tombs including Edith Piaf, Oscar Wilde, Isadora Duncan, Chopin, Richard Wright, Max Ernst, Camille Pissaro and most (in)famously Jim Morrison. So, eventually Jim Morrison's grave comes up and then out of nowhere my host father tells me that Morrison died in what was his childhood home. I have a hard time believing this so I have him give me the address and we look it up on the internet. Sure enough it's the same address. Then we see that it was the same goddamn apartment on the 3rd floor. Weird. Fucking weird. Anyone else got any rock and roll related small world stories or Morrison grave site pilgrimage tales?