London 2012 Olympic Mascots

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
I can't post a photo from the office today....someone please post up the photo on the below link and let's figure out what the hell these things are? They look like alien teletubbies.http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/may/19/london-olympics-2012-mascot

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Finally...they're making Brits without mouths.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    did they keep the gawdawful logo?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

Goes perfect with your 99.9% theory ;-)

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

haha

nice zing Harvey, well played

"They remind you of aliens, which is really weird and cool," said 10-year-old Ali. "It reminds you of the Olympics, which is worldwide so it's something you'll want to remember forever," added 11-year-old Zanyab as they cavorted with life-size mascots for the cameras.

Wenlock, named after the Shropshire town of Much Wenlock that helped inspire Pierre de Coubertin to launch the modern Olympics, and Mandeville, inspired by the Buckinghamshire town of Stoke Mandeville, where the Paralympics were founded, will become very familiar in the next two years.

Jimmy Saville vindicated?

The chairman of the London organising committee of the Olympic games (Locog), Lord Coe

Brilliant runner, good sports administrator, tragic Toryboy fail politician.

Among the designs rejected at the start of an open pitch process were anthropomorphic pigeons, an animated tea pot and a Big Ben with arms and legs.

Dang, what a missed opportunity. I would have bought the spin off merch in bulk. Big Ben with arms and legs?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    They symbolize Britain's burgeoning surveillance state.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,899 Posts

Reminds me of the characters from...

(which is the best game I've played in a long time)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Among the designs rejected at the start of an open pitch process were anthropomorphic pigeons, an animated tea pot and a Big Ben with arms and legs.

Dang, what a missed opportunity. I would have bought the spin off merch in bulk. Big Ben with arms and legs?

I'm sure I've seen a Big Ben with arms and legs before. No ideas left unexplored. The anthropomorphic pigeons was a fantastic idea though, nothing says "Welcome" like people dressed up as flying rats.

The blue one looks like it's done a fergie.

• minimini 879 Posts

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

b/w

&

b/w

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

and i just found this and need to share: