so i just touched down in nyc..

sconesscones 434 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
wicked city! i love it! first time here.. diggin adventures start tomorroanyone hit up the annex flea market??

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    cake

• anyone hit up the annex flea market??

In Williamsburg? Or Chelsea? Fleas are a WRAP in NYC. Chelsea closed two out of three lots, remaining lot has a few dealers but anything remotely interesting is snapped up quickly. Indoor market is stuffy and not many records at all... Hells Kitchen much smaller and not even worth the effort... 79th street is out of the way and often no records at all... Ave A/11th can sometimes be fruitful... sometimes... be prepared for shocking prices too.

Williamsburg flea isn't much but you can get some nice odds and ends on your way to Academy. I wouldn't go out just for the flea though.

BigSpliff, whahappen? I heard you stopped selling there. If that's truly the case, then there's really no reason at all to go.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    johnny stalin and myself will be selling records on bedford and n.7th sunday @ 12noon. we've been out there for the last few weeks and it's been lovely. stop buy.

• johnny stalin and myself will be selling records on bedford and n.7th sunday @ 12noon. we've been out there for the last few weeks and it's been lovely. stop buy.

this is a good look.

• Dang, that's my favourite place for records in NY! i don't care about the condition and for a UK guy i used to find LOADS of good stuff and cheap old hip hop too... the indoor bit was shit, but that older guy who sold everything for $7 was great, is he still there?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    johnny stalin and myself will be selling records on bedford and n.7th sunday @ 12noon. we've been out there for the last few weeks and it's been lovely. stop buy.

this is a good look.

Yup, unless the cops are out. Sundays are usually clear though.

There's a LOT of vinyl shoppers out in Wburg on weekends. It's got potential for a record fair... anyone?!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

anyone hit up the annex flea market??

BigSpliff, whahappen? I heard you stopped selling there. If that's truly the case, then there's really no reason at all to go.

Ah, you flatterer... yes I stopped doing the flea, but it's still good for VG- Schooly D 12s. I'm selling out of my spot on Sundays.... Wythe Ave & S4th.

Academy is good for minting up on Kudu LPs if tht's your thing. And wall records there are cheapish/er, but usually undesirable. I did hear about someone finding Blue Rhythm Combo 45 for $15 the other month.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    what sorta stuff you selling? i only just got this msg but if you got some heat im in NY till tuesday..