Standby Hell (airline related)

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
we just finished up a tour in Europe. tomorrow we leave from Berlin to fly back to NY. i want to go home really bad but we are on a standby flight of which about 20 seats remain all in business class. which is awesome but i am still a little nervous we won't be able to make it on the flight...anyone here in the airline industry that can tell me about requirements and the inner workings of this whole standby game???when we left it was the same thing. we flew from LGA to ATL. were supposed to fly to Prague but the flight filled up and we were left standing there. we rebooked a flight to Brussels which didn't fill up. but that doesn't necessarily solve my problem for the way home...any thoughts from anyone?also our luggage was lost during the first half of the trip. i am guessing it has to do with all the standby commotion.other than that Europe was great. pics later....no records though

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I just did the standby thing on a weekend trip to LA.

Stand by includes paying customers, but also employees. Who in turn have paying customers ahead and then it goes by seniority as to who gets on first.

Then the worst of all. If the flight is over weight, nobody gets on once they reach their weight limits. Even if there are 10 seats open.

I was flying with someone I'm dating who is a flight attendant. We lost our flight because it was over weight.

Had to catch the next flight the morning after.

Sounds like you are in good shape tho...

LA was awesome tho!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Yo Behemoth,

was good meeting you! Good luck with the flight and poast those pics