Weekend Finds

danmccauleydanmccauley 25 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Bob Neloms - Pretty Music (promo)Kai Winding - Ole Jonah Jones - Along Came JonahHerbie Mann - Memphis Underground Tony Torre and the Twin Cities Jazz Band (sealed)Ramsey Lewis Trio - Never on Sunday (mono)Arnold Keith Storm of Mooresville, Indiana (Folk-Legacy Records Huntington, Vermont 1964)N.W.A. - Panic Zone/Dope Man (sealed on Electro Eternal) And also...Bobbi Humphrey - Satin DollBilly Cobham - Life & Times

Comments

• saulgravysaulgravy 112 Posts

some cheap finds from the field today. the sylvers was a long-time want. manfred mann is my 3rd copy, great album! disco 12" is new york port authority, "i don't want to work".

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Finds from yesterday from MVE and Flashback and couple from charities:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Friedrich Gulda - As you Like it - Seen this loads of times in germnay but alwys been a little too expnsive. One funky track.

Mark Murphy - Stolen Moments - Super cheap and super nice!

Moss Cafe - ST - Been watching a copy of this on Ebay for months but always too expensive for the one track that is in here that I wanted. One for Working Man's Soul Vol 3??

Brother Jack McDuff - To Seek a New Home - Flashback had a load of decent funky jazz for cheap. I hardly ever go there but will make more of an effort in the future!

Don Cherry - Hear & Now - Universal Mother, etc. Beautiful jazz!

Bobbi Humphrey - Flute In - Another cheap Blue Note from Flash Back

Just Ice - Kool & Deadly - Charity Hip Hop

Beyond the World of Sound - Com of 60's girl groups from charity

Love in a Four Letter World - French Canadian Funky soundtrack that I think a few members on here have.

Unreleased Vashti 45

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

Bobbi Humphrey - Flute In - Another cheap Blue Note from Flash Back

Just Ice - Kool & Deadly - Charity Hip Hop

I just found the Just-Ice & Bobbi Humphrey 3 days ago as well.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    love that just ice!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Vulturing around the charities for an hour on Saturday yeilded some slim pickings

Something I've noticed recently is clusters of the same record in a string of shops in the same street. Sadly the version by the Dark Synth Lord Hardcastle is mighty disappointing. Electrofunk? Pfffft.

Know nothing about this. Funky rock in a Stone Roses style I guess.Likes it.

Awful but contains a rad jazz vocal by the one Frankie Howerd backed by a big band with blazing bongo action.

The original of the Martini ad - anytime anyplace anywhere etc. I've found quite a few records dumped in the charities by Sue. I salute you Sue, you had good taste and kept your records clean.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    these are partly from one of my usual connects, and partly from the "Friends of the library" annual bookstore/library sale in Ithaca. Happened to be visiting my sister and we drove by and shes like oh they do this every year, and oh they have a record section, do you want to check it out? ...turns out we were there 1st day, literally a few hours after it opened so it was not picked over at all. $2.50 per LP, $1 45s!

• liking this so far...

ya dig?

• breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts