edited May 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ughh
    fukkin whackk

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    that fat joe is flames.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    pete rock produced that red cafe. (not that that excuses red cafe to croon odyssey songs)

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Anyone catching the interpolation? Sorta obvious -- I tried flipping that years ago but did it mad different, actually sampling the original and adding drums, not really chopping.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    pete rock produced that red cafe. (not that that excuses red cafe to croon odyssey songs anyone for listening to red cafe)

what else?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    pete rock produced that red cafe. (not that that excuses red cafe to croon odyssey songs anyone for listening to red cafe)

what else?
    right.

are there any strutters who want to come forward and explain the appeal of red cafe? or just the meaning of his name? anyone?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    are there any strutters who want to come forward and explain the appeal of red cafe? or just the meaning of his name? anyone?

i own nothing of his, but this track was a guilty pleasure of mine:

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Why Cant Fat Joe Sell Mo' Rekkids?

i remember that one.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

have u heard this played at all in nyc, or has local ish just flatlined out there?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

have u heard this played at all in nyc, or has local ish just flatlined out there?

I dont get out much + i dont listen to the radio + I dont hang w/ folks that check for Fat Joe.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

I dont get out much + i dont listen to the radio + I dont hang w/ folks that check for Fat Joe.
    c'mon, EVERYONE checks for Fat Joe.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Not even NYC cats check for NYC rappers in 2010.

ive overheard it in different public situations for a few months. like the soul ii soul sample but cook coke crack is kinda borin

but im not in ny

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I've heard the Joe shit played a bunch.

It's kinda surprising at this point, but it does seem like NY is feeling Joe on that one. He still won't sell any records, but that song sounds pretty great on a big system...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That Fat Joe record gets mad play in a grip of clubs.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That Red Cafe video is fun to watch.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I've heard the Joe shit played a bunch.

It's kinda surprising at this point, but it does seem like NY is feeling Joe on that one. He still won't sell any records, but that song sounds pretty great on a big system...

And then some. It's a creeper.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    ughh
    fukkin whackk

lol. stick to erykah baduh kiddo

That Red Cafe video is fun to watch.

aint it tho? i esp. like the stay high 149 cameo. living history.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Prince Markie Dee at 3:14?