Quite Frankly w/ Stephen A. Smith

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody been checking out the show?Still think he's an asshole, or respect him more as a journalist?I must say that in a 1 hour format, having Allen Iverson and Larry Brown on their own episodes is like Oprah for sports fanatics.Quality programming, from my standpoint.What do you all think?

Comments

• Quite frankly he's a tasteless asshole and a has been.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I wanna see this so bad.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Anybody been checking out the show?

Still think he's an asshole, or respect him more as a journalist?

I must say that in a 1 hour format, having Allen Iverson and Larry Brown on their own episodes is like Oprah for sports fanatics.

Quality programming, from my standpoint.

What do you all think?

Good Shit.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Quite frankly he's a tasteless asshole and a has been.

But at 6:30 every weekday, there you are - socks off in front of the TV, with a bag of Fritos. (not to be mistaken with the smell of feet)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Iverson interview was pretty good, but how many more times are we gonna see the "you talkin''bout practice.." soundbite.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The Iverson interview was pretty good, but how many more times are we gonna see the "you talkin''bout practice.." soundbite.

Yeah, I know it's old, but in what other medium has Iverson had a chance to sit down and put that situation into its proper context? This show is as real as it gets. Sort of funny how we've accepted edited soundbites as the "whole story" in today's media. It's rather refreshing to let the actual person lay it out live and have Smith there to call their bluff. And believe me, he does - even to pals like LB.

• for whatever reason, i can't get enough of the "were talkin' bout practice" soundbyte. it should be a graemlen.

• what about the infamous

"playoffs?!?! playofFFS?!!!?!?!

comment by jim mora

oh and at 6:30pm im usually playing some resident evil 4

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    he's a tasteless asshole and a has been.[/b]

b list?

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    That was some crazy shit seeing AI break down into tears when they played a clip of Larry Brown.

My question...why does Stephen A. Smith talk so loud? Plue he's always pissed.

• I like it and I am glad he was given the space a one hour show affords him. Regarding the NBA he tends to get more and better information than most other (TV) sports journalists and it is nice for him to be able to stretch things out beyond the soundbites he is forced to rely on when he is just a featured guest or analyst.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Yeah, I know it's old, but in what other medium has Iverson had a chance to sit down and put that situation into its proper context? This show is as real as it gets. Sort of funny how we've accepted edited soundbites as the "whole story" in today's media. It's rather refreshing to let the actual person lay it out live and have Smith there to call their bluff. And believe me, he does - even to pals like LB.

This is true... i think Larry might've gotten a little miffed when Screamin' A. started grilling him (respectfully, but still grilling him) about his departure from Detroit. I gotta hand it to him, he doesn't shy away from the tough questions, but he does it in a manner in which he doesn't come off like he's attacking the person. So far, anyway. But most of the guests he's had on this week are people who he already has a relationship with. We'll see how it is when he gets some other controversial guests to sit down with him.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    what about the infamous

"playoffs?!?! playofFFS?!!!?!?!

comment by jim mora

Classic.