Optimo

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
This should probably be in the Brits thread, but seeing as only about ten people even read that, much less post in it, I thought I'd throw it out there in case it appealed to anyone within the Strut's broader constituency.I doubt too many of you will be aware that the legendary Glasgow Sunday night post-techno anything-goes party Optimo came to an end last Sunday after twelve and a half years at the Sub Club.A great article about it here, and, should you be so inclined to discover what the fuss was about, you can download almost the entire seven and a half hours of the final night (complete with occasional crowd noise) here.Although I never actually went to Optimo, to my regret (I certainly would have when I was younger), plenty of friends of mine took every opportunity to go whenever they were in Glasgow and, to a man/woman, said that a fantastic evening was pretty much guaranteed.

Comments

• xtalxtal 1 Post
    former optimo regular checkin in. gutted that its over but i know they'll still be doing one-off events so there's that to look forward to.

just got ahold of new years sets 2001+2002 if anyones interested.

• downloaded the set yesterday, but have yet to listen to it--gotta set aside the time. looking forward to it. among the things stolen from my car this weekend was "how to kill the dj pt. 2." booooo!

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    checked them in nyc a few times. always a treat. twitch is a real humble guy.