Rebrazil? eBay seller/shipping Q

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I won an auction for a Coco Lagos LP from rebrazil on 3/14. It's now been 40 or so days since payment was sent and I still haven't received the LP yet. I did write the seller - who I've successfully bought from before - and he said he shipped on 3/24 and that packages take 3-5 weeks to arrive. My dilemma is this. Even if I assume the seller is operating in good faith, it could be the package is lost or delayed for reasons beyond either of our control. Regardless, my deadline for filing a claim is 45 days and that's about to come up in the next 4-5 days. So do I file and then hope it comes through, thereby allowing me to cancel?

Comments

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I had dealings with this seller. She (I think her name is Luisa) takes ages to deliver but I always got my records.

Usually a month plus before arrival, never damaged (although the shit aint packed up as best as could be).

The only time I had a big issue was when she had taken agqes to send something I hit her up and she told me shit had got shipped at a certain date,

A month later nothing had arrived I hit her up again and she told me she had forgot to ship the records and would do so asap. I did eventually get my package, about 3mth late.

I would still buy off her, but dont expect quick delivery, and the reocrd conditions aint always accurate, but Ive scored lots of bargains off her.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    So...I'm still thinking I should file, just to cover my ass. Is that operating in bad faith?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I would file and give her a heads up that you're just opening the case and you're not "acting" on it. You're just keeping this transaction current until the record shows up. Opening the case will just buy you a bit of time. If she does a lot of business she should totally understand.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    O,

This happened to Br*nd*n recently, and he filed a claim on the 44th day, just to put some heat under their ass and cover his. When he finally received the package, he noticed it was post-marked on the day he filed the claim, and they had sent it express.

Wouldn't hurt to file, IMO.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    File a claim today dude. This guy/girl (family operation I think) is not dishonest at all but does not get the system or what we would consider smart business practices. I have tried to break down the game to them and explain how to avoid problems but it just does not click with them I guess.

I am still waiting on a package that I paid for 4 weeks ago. I would have no problem with this but the tracking information clearly states it was shipped 9 days ago.

All of this is compounded by the fact that packages from Peru are treated like anthrax by the states and sit at customs in Miami for long amounts of time.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Thanks dudes, this is what I needed to hear. Claim filed.