BATTLE...

DocDaDollaBinDocDaDollaBin 51 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
JUST A CURIOUSITY FROM STRUTTERS OPINIONS...IF YOU COULD WATCH 2 OF YOUR FAVORITE PRODUCERS OR NON FAVORITE PRODUCERS...MAYBE EVEN A WELL KNOWN PRODUCER VS A INDIE UNDERGROUND PRODUCER BATTLE IT OUT...LETS SAY A 5 SET BATTLE AT AN EVENT OR SUMTHIN IN FRONT OF HUNDREDS TO JUDGE. WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE GO AT IT?I WOULDN'T MIND WATCHIN MAYBE...DRE VS QUICKDJ SHADOW VS MADLIBDJ KRUSH VS NICKOLAY OR DJ HONDA9TH WONDER VS SUPADAVEBATTLECAT VS HI TEKKANYE VS J.ROCCTHESE ARE SOME BATTLES THAT CERTAINLY WOULD BE ENTERTAINING TO WATCH AND LISTEN FROM MY PERSPECTIVE...BUT WHAT ABOUT YALL? PEACE

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    HEATMAKERZ VS BOMB SQUAD!!!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Guzzo vs RapeDonkeys (both on 4 decks) vs Funky16corners (on Serato)

• KANYE VS J.ROCC

um?

how about docdadollabin vs. sam the hater. winner gets a copy of the invaders record. btw doc, homeboy was made appreciative of thee heaters you led me to the other weekend. you up to the usual tomorrow am? get at me on the pm.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

DJ KRUSH VS DJ HONDA

that'll be some serious gangster[/b] shit (all pun intended)

• How about like a royal rumble of the worst GangStarr affiliates?

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts

It's your friend.

• Strictly Tubas and Tamborines.

- Vs. -
    Wilson / Boettcher

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Not a battle but damn I would love to see the Music VS the Bravery fight till death. Either way you win. One less crappy band to deal with. It would be one giant crying sissy fight.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    honestly, I would like to see

timbaland vs. richard d james

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    honestly, I would like to see

timbaland vs. tom jenkinson

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    honestly, I would like to battle

timbaland

• DJ SHADOW VS RJD2[/b]
    KANYE VS Jay Dee[/b]

I know Root Down in LA has done a lot of 'sound system' type battles. Cut Chemist vs Madlib was the first one I think...

Prefuse vs. Aphex

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• DJ SHADOW VS RJD2[/b]
    KANYE VS Jay Dee[/b]

I know Root Down in LA has done a lot of 'sound system' type battles. Cut Chemist vs Madlib was the first one I think...

Prefuse vs. Aphex

that's a dope battle...no doubt. i know about the root down. but do they still hold that?

• KANYE VS J.ROCC

um?

how about docdadollabin vs. sam the hater. winner gets a copy of the invaders record. btw doc, homeboy was made appreciative of thee heaters you led me to the other weekend. you up to the usual tomorrow am? get at me on the pm.

i knew someone would say sumthin about kanye vs j.rocc...your comedy p. honestly i still wouldn't mind seeing it. and about me battle sam..anyday bro,anyday! i'll hit you on the pm..and peace on them heaters...i'm glad i was able to catch you before someone else cop'd them...i'll hit you on the pm...one!

• why u think kanye vs j.rocc be any good? it hardly seems fair. kanye's got a-trak on payroll for a reason, not just to give kanye more time to look good. playing chaka khan cuts at the wrong speed aint battle skills like tyson vs. spinks, over in about 90 seconds.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Autechre vs. Mantronik

• (executive producer)

vs.

with

and

the earth would tremble as the titans clash!

• Options
    9TH WONDER VS SUPADAVE

You talking about Supadave the battle dj from Long Island?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

DJ SHADOW VS MADLIB
    DJ KRUSH VS NICKOLAY OR DJ HONDA
    9TH WONDER VS SUPADAVE
    BATTLECAT VS HI TEK
    KANYE VS J.ROCC

None of this makes sense to me. How are dj's supposed to battle producers? Am i missing something or does this just sound like it would be a train wreak.

• yo!...when your faded...you end up saying whatevers...i was just naming names off the top...yall don't like it...than yall name names yall wanna see go at it...that's the point. dammit! now pass me the blunt...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Kanye vs Just Blaze
    Marley Marl vs Paul C
    Large Professor vs Pete Rock
    DJ Premier vs the break record cats

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    train wreak
    train wreak
    train wreak
    train wreak
    train wreak

RAJ vs. Whoever Moderates Stones Throw.

Does anybody moderate Stones Throw?

Winner goes home with a box of Lacoste and a Stuffit file of emails saying their board sucks.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    OK how about power duos, like in Marvel vs Capcom....

I'd pit

Squarepusher & DJ Shadow

vs.

The Neptunes & Venetian Snares

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    9TH WONDER VS SUPADAVE

You talking about Supadave the battle dj from Long Island?
    The dude who used to be with the Turntable Technicians right? He's dope.