FENDER RHODES sounds on the computer...

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
to those who are up on software recording, i have a keyboard with a midi out in the back, and i'm wondering how i can synch it up to my recording program (adobe audition)? once i get this going, where i can find plug-in's to download that simulate fender rhodes piano sounds? thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• to those who are up on software recording, i have a keyboard with a midi out in the back, and i'm wondering how i can synch it up to my recording program (adobe audition)? once i get this going, where i can find plug-in's to download that simulate fender rhodes piano sounds? thank you very much in advance.

native instruments have a decent plug in. reason also has a number of decent sounds for the FR although i suspect others would think that it isn't that great.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Try the MDA e-piano vst...it's free.

e-piano

SG

to those who are up on software recording, i have a keyboard with a midi out in the back, and i'm wondering how i can synch it up to my recording program (adobe audition)? once i get this going, where i can find plug-in's to download that simulate fender rhodes piano sounds? thank you very much in advance.

• do either one of you know how i can hook my keyboard up in a way, where when i hit any random keys i hear the rhodes plug-in sounds? do i use midi cables, or regular 1/4"?

• This guys Rhodes and Wurlitzer plugs are pretty good. And free!

http://www.soundfonts.it/

• never heard this, as i don't have a midi setup, but i'd be willing to bet this is the best.

• thanks for the links, fellas. i'm still trying to figure out how to hook my keyboard up...

never heard this, as i don't have a midi setup, but i'd be willing to bet this is the best.
    yeah but it's 200 bucks!

but thanks anyway dude

• do either one of you know how i can hook my keyboard up in a way, where when i hit any random keys i hear the rhodes plug-in sounds? do i use midi cables, or regular 1/4"?
    anyone?

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    'get' loungelizard 2, most expressive vst rhodes I've seen so far...

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    do either one of you know how i can hook my keyboard up in a way, where when i hit any random keys i hear the rhodes plug-in sounds? do i use midi cables, or regular 1/4"?

depends on your keyboard / software....

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    yeah dude you need a midi cable. 1/4 is straight up audio, you need to send note data.

depends on your keyboard / software....
    my keyboard is a yamaha with both 1/4" outs, and a MIDI out. the software i'm using is Adobe Audition

• snosno 332 Posts
    I am not sure if Adobe Audition supports VST instruments. In any case, you will need a MIDI cable to connect your computer with the Yamaha keyboard.

• I am not sure if Adobe Audition supports VST instruments. In any case, you will need a MIDI cable to connect your computer with the Yamaha keyboard.
    it supports VST's, but i'm new to using MIDI, so if anyone can help me out with how i can set it up properly, i'd appreciate that. i'm about to head to guitar center and get that MIDI cable right now...

• snosno 332 Posts
    I presume your computer has the MIDI in-out port, right? Otherwise you may be better off with a USB-MIDI converter kinda thing (like M-Audio USB Uno or MOTU Fastlane) and connect to your computer like this:

• for some reason i couldn't get the rhodes plug-ins to work. dudes PLEASE HELP!! i just spend another hundred bucks on a MIDI interface and now the plug ins won't work

does anyone have any (or know where to download) some other fender rhodes (or any nice electric piano) plug ins?? thank you extremely much in advance, and i will hook you up with something if you can help me...

• snosno 332 Posts
    It may be due to the fact that Audition only supports VST EFFECTS[/b] and not VST INSTRUMENTS [/b]. As they are different things.

You may wanna try some other sequencer software (such as Sony ACID or Ableton Live) that supports both VST EFX and Instruments. PM me for details.

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    the emagic EVP 88 has always sounded choice to me.

really nice rhodes + wurlitzer sounds

• the emagic EVP 88 has always sounded choice to me.

really nice rhodes + wurlitzer sounds

yeah that thing looks sweet. how much do those run? at the moment, i'm just trying to download a free one

• chasechase 767 Posts
    Mr. Ray 73

dope and free, its on that soundfonts site