YO since its my 2000th post-day in a sec

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
and since i didnt do shit for my 1000th post-day (yup, long time ago) I decided to do a little music quiz this time around. I'll post up a (mystery) track, you guys get 7 questions or guess's in the process to get it right and figure out what group or artist done did the track, I will only answer yes or no, thats the rules, and I will mail the winner a nice record of some sorts..Soundclip coming up!

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    I will mail a nice record of some sorts..

do it

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yesssss, here it goes, in true soulstrut spirit!!!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Budget label?

Budget label?

I definitely see where youre headed with that question, and you are right it does have that sound to it, but my answer is.. NO
    Not in the sense of the classic budget/ supermarket no inner sleeve record label known for bootlegs/ repress', or with wacky studio groups doing cover versions..

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    is it younger than the Marvin Hamlisch Version and is it European?

is it younger than the Marvin Hamlisch Version and is it European?

haaa.. thats the white lotus car chase scene, one of my favourite bond discofunk versions, not sure when thats from though but this (bending the rules slightly) is from 1978.. and to your 2nd question, the answer is YES

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Spanish?

Spanish?

Again, totally see where you are going with this, it does have that cheesy mediterranean feel, like those summer holiday mallorca joints, which people purchased back then like souvenirs, put in their suitcase, never to be heard again..
    You dudes really have a good ear, I agree it could be that sort of a record, its not though, and my answer to your question is: NO

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    was this a recent find?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Spanish?

You're talking about that version on Hispavox with the anonymous cover band and the "007" done in bullets on the cover, aren't you? This isn't the same one, but it's funny that others picked up on that.

was this a recent find?

yes!

and since we're down to the last couple of questions/guess' ima help out a little bit, so here's a hint, part of the front cover looks like this: