We're All In The Same Gang

gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
a bunch of "up and comers" remake the "classic" track from the early nineties...

OG featured king tee, body n soul, def jef, michel'le, tone loc, above the law, ice t, dre, ren, young mc, jj fad, digital underground, hammer, eazy, and 347

new shit features bishop lamont (aftermath), crooked i, spider loc (g unit), glasses malone (black wallstreet), big wy, young hoggs, gorilla black, spitfiya and six million

HERE

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I heard KRS-One on K-day talking about this yesterday on Kday. I actually think iots a good idea and have no hate to spout

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    a bunch of "up and comers"

bishop lamont (aftermath), crooked i, spider loc (g unit), glasses malone (black wallstreet), big wy, young hoggs, spitfiya and six million

do people in California know who these dudes are?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    bishop lamont (aftermath), crooked i, spider loc (g unit), glasses malone (black wallstreet), big wy, young hoggs, gorilla black, spitfiya and six million
    who are they? is this underground or what?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    a bunch of "up and comers"

bishop lamont (aftermath), crooked i, spider loc (g unit), glasses malone (black wallstreet), big wy, young hoggs, spitfiya and six million

do people in California know who these dudes are?

I know 3 of the 6. Is that good?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I've only heard of 4 of these guys. Did Battlecat produce this? I read a recent interview with him and he mentioned working with some of these people.

• I actually think its a good idea and have no hate to spout

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    It's the same music as the original. I thought it was going to be some new G-Funk shit.

• do people in California know who these dudes are?

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    NO!.... Just Crooked I.....

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    haha yeah Insulin is right, I know who all of them are

funny side story to that...dude i know(no drop) was supposed to be involved too but he showed up to the session and it was about 40 bloods outside and he decided against sticking around. That recording session almost turned into a real bad scene...they were recording at Jelly Roll's spot in a crip hood and they said fools were calling jelly like "the fuck is all these bloods doin in the streets homie?" he had to chill a lot of non-rappers down real quick.

How the fuck you gonna show up to a "We're All In The Same Gang" recording session with a gang of your blood homies that aren't even there to record, just to kick it and bang? people are funny

• The whole thing about the first one is that it involved famous rappers!!! I've never heard of any of these people!!

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Unknown or not, that shit wasn't bad at all.

• i was driving with a friend of mines down in the south bay and she was telling me how great a time it is right now for a black woman to drive the freeways and i was like "huh?" and she's like, "watch this". she pushes her corolla to about 75mph alongside some mercedes and does the "finger pistol" thing with her hand and the dude immediately pulls out of the lane and off the freeway. and she's like "see?"

anyways, the LA weekly ran some stories a few weeks ago about how the "truce" has broken down in LA and i read most of it.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

Kill a black man? What are you retarded? Do you work for the Klan? Do what ya like, unless you like gang banging. let's see how many brothers leave us hanging. --Shock G/Humpty hump

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    How the fuck you gonna show up to a "We're All In The Same Gang" recording session with a gang of your blood homies that aren't even there to record, just to kick it and bang?

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

new shit features bishop lamont (aftermath), crooked i, spider loc (g unit), glasses malone (black wallstreet), big wy, young hoggs, gorilla black, spitfiya and six million

HERE
    Bishop and Crooked I are real dope. Don't know about the rest of the dudes though.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    Uho, another aftermath "flash in the pan"

Good luck Bishop.

• feelin it

• anyways, the LA weekly ran some stories a few weeks ago about how the "truce" has broken down in LA and i read most of it.

What was interesting about that article is how the Bounty Hunters and a Crip gang that I can't remember, are allied up against Grape ST Crips. Crips & Bloods, together, kind of, shootin at other crips.

I heard that crips have killed more crips than crips have killed bloods, anyway, hugs for thugs. Quit shootin'. I thought my car got hit the other day.

• and what's up with all this race riot shit. They be willin' in high school. I'm too old for that but if I had any kids, they would get knocked the fuck out by me if they got involved with all that.