Nighthawks

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
One of my fav movies. Saw this shit in the theatres back in the day.The only Stallone flick in my stash.Readin Wiki - It was supposed to be The French Connection III, but Hackman said no. Billy Dee's character was gonna be Richard Pryor..... Just a good "Old New York" flick.GREAT ending. I wish they would release an "uncut" version or Deluxe the flick w/ the cut-out shit.ODubalone - get at me.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm saying. I first saw this in reruns in the '90s; had never known about it before and when I first saw Stallone's mug, I just assumed the worst. But then it turned out to be...pretty good, all said. Underrated

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont know how one could remake this.

The Police Anti-Terrorist Unit was portrayed as some new shit just for Wolfgar. And that backstory is part of the movie's charm. Gettin Stallone's character to "think" like a terrorist and shit. U see the "transformation".

These days shit is so well oiled I dont see how that could be transferred in 2011 NYC.

And hijackin the Tram is some super-gangster shit. I dont know if that would still get the same "wow factor" in 2011. The Tram was "new" in 81'.

Shit could easily become Pelham 123 Remix territory.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

The only Stallone flick Cage CD in my stash.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It took a fair while for me to stop being haunted by the image of Stallone dressed as a nurse but thumbs up from me for this film. Back in the days when Sly was still intent on becoming a serious movie star.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Im gonna hunt down the soundtrack

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

The only Stallone flick in my stash.

Tried to re-watch Victory a couple weeks back...and could not stomach Stallone's worst-acting-in-the-history-of-acting enough to finish it.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

The only Stallone flick in my stash.

Tried to re-watch Victory a couple weeks back...and could not stomach Stallone's worst-acting-in-the-history-of-acting enough to finish it.

Havent seen Victory in years. Was a childhood fave of mine.

b/w growing up...my big brother had this poster on his wall