NY: 4/14 WED: SoundLib @ Moe's w/ CHICKEN GEORGE

tiger_blurptiger_blurp 275 Posts
edited April 2010 in Announcements
Sound Liberation Front + buhbOmp + The BRMG + Rappers I Know present:[[ SOUNDLIB WEDNESDAYS[/b] ]]WEDNESDAY | 14 APR 2010 | 9p-1a | FREE[/b] | No dress code@ Moe?s80 Lafayette AveFort Greene, Brooklyn, NY, 11217718.797.9536C to Lafayette Ave / G to Fulton StAlso within walking distance from the Atlantic Ave station (B-Q-2-3-4-5 trains)maps: google | hopstop/// SOUNDLIB[/b] is back this week and we've got a special treat: my good friend and one of my favorite DJ's CHIKCEN GEORGE[/b] will be in town from Austin to get down on the decks with me.CHICKEN GEORGE[/b] has made his name internationally through his signature "Jazztronica" style, an amalgamation of jazz, soul, eclectic bass and everything in between. His sets are known for their rare combination of superb technical skill and exceptional song selection.Aside from being one of the premier tastemakers in the Austin music scene, CHICKEN GEORGE[/b] has released two records on the world-renowned, Stockholm-based label SWEDISH BRANDY[/b]. The two EPs, The Swed.u.s.h Connection 1 and 2, bring together tracks from Ocote Soul Sounds, J-Boogie's Dubtronic Science, Lady Alma, and Hydroponic Sound System, alongside some of CHICKEN's own production.He has shared the stage with a wide range of talent including The Wailers, Pete Rock, Jazzanova, John Legend, Grandmaster Flash, Biz Markie, The Roots, Talib Kweli, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, Afrika Bambaataa, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra and Erykah Badu. So, we're deeply honored to have him join us at SOUNDLIB.For more on CHICKEN GEORGE[/b], check out this recent interview he did for AOL's Spinner music blog:www.spinner.com/2010/03/08/sxsw-2010-dj-chicken-george/As always, the party is FREE[/b], and starts at 9pm. Hope to see you there. ///featuring special guest:[[ DJ CHICKEN GEORGE[/b] ]]( djchickengeorge.com, Swedish Brandy )and resident:[[ DJ LIL TIGER[/b] ]]( --=(] buhbOmp [)=--, Sound Liberation Front, touch&feel:radio, Soular Grooves )+ facebook event page+ going.com: www.going.com/soundlib_apr14+ eventful: bit.ly/cAzUpO+ culturemob: bit.ly/9rayuG+ upcoming: bit.ly/cfNE83more info:+ www.buhbomp.com/updates/?p=4210==========SOUND LIBERATION FRONT is a Brooklyn-based non-profit organization devoted to the power of music as a socially liberating and unifying cultural force. More importantly, we want to liberate your ass on the dancefloor. Our previous productions include the Sound Liberation Festival '09 in Brooklyn and the Soundlib parties at Moe's in Fort Greene.+ check out the SLF Blog: www.soundliberation.org+ Join the SLF movement: www.facebook.com/soundliberation==========