A few photos back from Haiti

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Hello- I hope this message finds you well. My sister and I have safely returned to the states and I have hit the ground running!! As for the trip to Haiti, it was such a blessing to see the resiliency and efforts of the Haitian people in rebuilding the country and trying to get things to a liveable state, but it was also disheartening to see the lack of help and support from other sources that many folks have assumed were providing help (Red Cross, UNICEF, UN, etc.). I am in the process of compiling a presentation with some of the photos I took and my reflections of the trip. Once it is completed I would love to send it along. I am also working on a short DVD of the trip from footage that was filmed by me and another member of the team. I will also send a copy of this when it is complete. Thank you so much for all of the kind words and gestures and for checking on my progress while I was away. I am proud to say that all the monies donated went directly to buying supplies (50lb bags of rice and cornmeal, lumber and nails for roofing, etc) and all donated items were distributed in the tent settlements, missions compounds and on the streets (so much need!). I am excited to plan my next trip and will keep you updated on the progress. Talk soon and stay blessed-Tarp shelter in backyard...Impromptu market...Car crushed by house...Haitian cuties...Chicken tree...