Memphis DJ drought may be over (at least for us)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
...just got a call from my DJ partner. We havent played a regular gig since 2008. Clubs around here just kind of went the way of 80s music, mashup, laptop route in the last year or so, and it seemed there was no interest in having anyone spin the 60s stuff we do outside of the occaisonal one off gig. But we just got an offer for a weekly in this bar that used to be a biker/dirtbag place, but the old owner just got thrown in prison for bank robbery...anywho, the new owner wants to have vinyl DJs on Thursdays and it seems we got the gig. The place has just been outfitted with a nice PA and patio with speakers out there as well.I suppose there isnt a point to this thread than just announcing my glee in being able to get out and play 45s and make some money on a regular basis...Yay!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Great news. There's always an avenue for guys like you to create your own lane, specifically with you guys doing niche type nights. Especially if you love DJing, like I do, it's an absolute pleasure. Good luck dude.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    congrats, sounds like it could be fun, hopefully the crowds will show. good luck.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    ...just got a call from my DJ partner. We havent played a regular gig since 2008. Clubs around here just kind of went the way of 80s music, mashup, laptop route in the last year or so, and it seemed there was no interest in having anyone spin the 60s stuff we do outside of the occaisonal one off gig. But we just got an offer for a weekly in this bar that used to be a biker/dirtbag place, but the old owner just got thrown in prison for bank robbery...anywho, the new owner wants to have vinyl DJs on Thursdays and it seems we got the gig. The place has just been outfitted with a nice PA and patio with speakers out there as well.

I suppose there isnt a point to this thread than just announcing my glee in being able to get out and play 45s and make some money on a regular basis...

Yay!

From one DJ to another, I understand the glee. Congratulations, Hook.