Liquid Liquid is on Fallon tonight???

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Apparently tis the truth. Questlove's been shooting out twitter pics and the whole nine. Show might not be the best, but it's because of things like this that I can't help but ride a little for Fallon.

Comments

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I wonder how many viewers will be thinking, "this is a strange cover of White Lines".

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I wonder how many viewers will be thinking, "this is a strange cover of White Lines".

LOL

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up, going to try and check it.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Pretty much. Whatever though - just stoked they're starting to do more and more.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

Pretty much. Whatever though - just stoked they're starting to do more and more.

Yeah ... I didn't mean that as any sort of jab at Liquid Liquid (just a joke). I'm a bass player in a frickin' rock/post-punk band. We sound nothing like Liquid Liquid but they remain a crucial influence for me (and a pretty often exploited DJ tool). Definitely looking forward to seeing them perform. Thanks for the heads up.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    but it's because of things like this that I can't help but ride a little for Fallon.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Is there video for this yet? I did a cursory look, but didn't find anything.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    sal, the singer, was at submercer like 2 weeks ago double fisting some drinks and dancing... good dude and i look forward to their new ventures.

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
    its on his website now. just scroll to 34 minutes. it is really great. would totally go see a live set of them now after seeing this.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This is awesome but whoever mic'ed/eqed dude's bass amp is an idiot.

Can we get them out on the West Coast for a tour? Please?

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    This is awesome but whoever mic'ed/eqed dude's bass amp is an idiot.

Can we get them out on the West Coast for a tour? Please?
    Ah whoever mixed this in post is the idiot. This is a separate recording mix instead of what the house is hearing. And I bet the low end in the room was real nice with that stack. But the DI Bass is just too loud and the guitars were buried in the back. The balances were all off.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    its on his website now. just scroll to 34 minutes. it is really great. would totally go see a live set of them now after seeing this.

Thanks

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    it's really awesome, that guy in the back at like 37:24

It's on the Fallon website? Can someone post a link? I went - can't find it - just the pic of them at sound check.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's on the Fallon website? Can someone post a link? I went - can't find it - just the pic of them at sound check.
    It's on hulu:
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/139824/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-fri-apr-2-2010

Scroll to 34:00

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i have a funny story about liquid liquid no one will care about.

checked them on their re-emergence of sorts at the knitting factory in 2003-ish. but about a year before that i remember one dusky summer evening waiting for a girl i was seeing at the time meeting up at max fish. being a smoker then i'm outside by the door and some band in a basement rehearsal studio is doing a perfect cover of "Cavern". at the time there were plenty of neo-post punk bands like Liars or The Rapture doing direct ripoffs of the 99 Records sound so it was entirely plausible. perfect night made better by the bass lines coming up from under the street.

a little while after i mention it to an engineer friend and he goes you dumbass, sal p has a studio right there, that was them.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    As most predicted, the performance of Cavern was the one that aired on Fallon, but in case anyone wants to see the un-aired performance of Optimo it is posted here

http://theworldsamess.blogspot.com/2010/04/decent-music-television-updates.html

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    This is so awesome - one of my favourite bands for sure. The Roots' additions are so-so, like, I don't think this song really needs guitars but I suppose everyone wanted to contribute. Cool anyway.

I've been trying to watch the Cavern performance for days, but damn Hulu.com won't let a Canadian watch it. Anyone know where/how I can see the aired performance?

They're just so rad.

Sal's been playing with Maluca here and there --- that's a pretty cool show to catch. Nicest dude too.

Caught them at Lincoln Center last summer -- they were subtle in kindly clowning the artistic masturbation spiel that went on before them --- some 200 strings playing at the same time, a bunch of avant noise, lasting about 2 hours. Mad funny.