Brick City

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
...is now available for instant viewing on Netflix.I know there's a thread somewhere...my google seach came up with the following, which is dead:Brick City? #1358909 - Mon Sep 21 2009 09:16 PM ... Brick City? Woimsah Said: Just watched the premiere episode on Sundance. Shit's ILL. Anybody else peep? ...www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number... - -

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    ...is now available for instant viewing on Netflix.

I know there's a thread somewhere...my google seach came up with the following, which is dead:

Brick City? #1358909 - Mon Sep 21 2009 09:16 PM ... Brick City? Woimsah Said: Just watched the premiere episode on Sundance. Shit's ILL. Anybody else peep? ...
    www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number... - -

I don't think the thread really delved into it that much. People were mainly just bigging up Mark Levin, talking about what they've seen.

My good friend's a director of photography on it for the upcoming season -- he's been telling me some of the shit he's been seeing out there filming so far -- and it's sounding gnaaaaaarly. Stoked.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I finally caught the first episode and was pretty disappointed. The whole ep played like a trailer for the show. Scenes are way short; no real development of anything; no real background on anybody. They keep repeating the 40% murder reduction statistic but do very little to explain how they've achieved it. Some cool shots and some of the characters seem like they could be interesting if they just focused on them for more than 30 seconds at a time. Esp Mayor Booker: two years into his term and they just sort of start following him around: no backstory on his life, his political career, the election, his first two years, etc...seems like an amazing guy and I happen to know a little background on him, but for a show/episode supposedly about the guy there's next to zero information about him.