SUPER TUESDAY!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Erykah, Ghost/Rae/Meth and two E-40's... Can't remember the last time this much dope sh*t was released in one day. I'm kinda glad Murs & 9th was pushed back or else I'd be eating raw men 'til payday!

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Erykah Badu getting naked to increase her sales. Will E-40 drop his pants, too?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh yeah Herm, not that this should mean much to you...but I both met Murs and saw him perform during SXSW...and I was duly impressed with both experiences. Very cool dude, very cool stage show. More sold on him than I've ever been...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm glad you liked what you heard/saw, Harvey! He really is a good dude. I'm really proud of his accomplishments.

Back to Super Tuesday...

Thoughts? 40 cracked me up when he said about his haters:

[i]They got a big ol' N on they chest
    (For what?)
    For NOTHING!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Haven't heard the Ghost/Rae/Meth though will check it out eventually. Had a quick skip through the Erykah and decided that it wasn't for me.

Still digesting the E-40, 38 tracks is a lot to take in. Definitely some highlights on both, skipping all the bass tracks for a moment, that Bjork track (Spend the Night) is something else.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    I had a quick listen to the Ghost/Rae/Meth. Solid, but really unspectacular. And while I'm a firm believer in 'less is more,' a 30-minute record with three emcees-- really?

Listening to Erykah now and enjoying it. It's a lot more traditional than I expected.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah listened to the Ghost/Rae/Meth now and it's entirely unmemorable. Most songs sound half finished and there's no chemistry displayed on the record compared to semi recent collaborations like Yolanda's House.

On the plus side, it's really short.

Would not recommend.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Yeah listened to the Ghost/Rae/Meth now and it's entirely unmemorable. Most songs sound half finished and there's no chemistry displayed on the record compared to semi recent collaborations like Yolanda's House.

On the plus side, it's really short.

Would not recommend.

That's what I've been hearing. Damn. It's last on my list out of the four too.

This is my order, barely about 3/4ths into the second:

40 (Day Shift) >> 40 (Night Shift) >> Erykah >> Wu

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    40 (Day Shift) >> 40 (Night Shift) >> Erykah >> Wu

I've never really been a big fan of E-40 and was hoping Wu-Massacre would be great but this figure is pretty much on point.