Move over Amy! New SS Catnip (Nikki and Rich)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• Q: "Are you a couple"?
    A: "A couple of good people"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

This is how it should be done.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    skeet.v

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    two year old flavor

i.e. stale

nice tits tho

two year old flavor

i.e. stale

nice tits tho

SMH

just keepin it real

just keepin it real

Well, considering that their marketing campaign is trying to pitch them as something you'd see on a Santa Monica Blvd. billboard, I suppose it's fair enough.

spring makes me horny

sorry

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,848 Posts
    spring makes me horny

SMMH

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Hmmm...

First thought - I bet neither even knew the other existed until after the A&R meeting where someone came up with the idea of putting them together.

Second thought - this looks expensive; cologne-ad expensive, GAP-campaign expensive.

Third - She's pretty in a round-the-way girl kind of way. Perhaps she'd have been a model if she was taller. He looks as if he was a model - he certainly doesn't look like your stereotypical studio rat.

Fourth - I don't believe them as a couple. It's as if someone said, y'know what we need is something that's kinda like The White Stripes styled by Calvin Klein, but if Jack & Meg White were more like Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse - without the drugs, of course.

Fifth - the music sounds derivative of at least a dozen other acts, but it doesn't actually sound too bad.

Sixth - this could conceivably be an incredibly well-crafted skit, but for the absence of anything that looks like an attempt at humour. Kinda cheesy, though.

Seventh - Yep, someone's sunk a lot of money into this. In the current climate, I suppose this makes Nikki & Rich worthy of a little attention. But why are they trying to make this obviously fake backstory seem as important as the music? Something not quite right about that.

Eighth - I made it to the end, but I've forgotten every single note of it apart from that one with the Shangri-Las sample. I have a feeling that, by this time next year, I mightn't have that luxury.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    f*ckin mariah aguilera hands....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Is this real?

• Options
    Eighth - I made it to the end,

Better man than I. Stopped around 1:41 or so, right after she said she would write three songs a night then began discussing a song called "Playa"..."Playa playa".

Rich is an espresso away from having Federline hands on the boards.

Didn't really sound that bad though, sometimes I wish I could just hear the music before I witness the usually off-putting attempts to sell the package.

Is this real?

Completely.

This seems very apropos but "Cat and Mouse" apparently appeared at the beginning of the season premier of...90210 last fall.

Their publicists were trying to get me to take a listen. It sounds fine from the middle distance but the packaging of their marketing = yeeeesh.