Hot Tub Time Machine

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
excellent!go see it. better than Shutter Island

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Just got back from watching it. It was decent. I really thought there was potential for it to be a LOT funnier. And a lot less blatant with certain sight gags. It's not necessarily that they were gross (I can deal with gross), I just felt they could've been a bit more funny or creative with it.

To avoid any spoilers, I'll default to invisitext for my personal highlights:

[color:white]- The nod to Better Off Dead was fantastic. ("I want my two dollars!")

- Crispin Glover was excellent as always.

- During the first hot tub acid trip freakout scene, I turned to my ladyfriend and said "I think I just saw Chevy Chase's face in all that." So I was pretty happy when he popped up a few minutes later as the repair man.

- I also like Cobra Kai Johnny's cameo as the dude who made the blowjob bet. Plus the "bring him a body bag!" nod during the last fight scene.

[/color]
    - And finally, "Home Sweet Home" is a CERTIFIED CLASSIC in my private mindgarden. 25 years later and I'm STILL pissed they edited the video right as that girl's breasts were about to be displayed.

I'm sure I'm missing some nods to other 80's movies too.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The commercials have given me the impression that this is one of the worst movies EVAR.

I would rather see The Squeakquel.

• Options
    ^^
    cosine, but I can be swayed with a few more positive reviews.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Peaked at the invisitext (had to). Not too much was spoil't. This movie sorta reads like a live-action "flashback" in a Family Guy episode, and I can't stop myself from liking something as nefariously focus-grouped. They've got my demographics painted into a corner and I am helpless to resist -- going to see it this week!

This dude Craig Robinson would totally post on Soulstrut if he wasn't so busy doing ecstasy.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    The commercials have given me the impression that this is one of the best[/b] movies EVAR.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This movie sorta reads like a live-action "flashback" in a Family Guy episode

Or possibly '80s Movie a la Date Movie, Epic Movie, etc.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    looks like another excuse to stereo type and market the 80's to me, so i will more than likely watch it.