Why did I buy this???

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
We've all bought records off the strength of others opinions. Little voices telling us, "if you see this pick it up, it don't turn up often, etc.". And I have to say, I've found some grails, gems, raers & some major turds this way. Although it's never a good idea to spend serious loot on a record you've never heard but some times the hype surrounding said record can get the best of you. Now, I don't usually spend more that $10 on a record I've never heard before but I have had my share of overpriced CRAP in the past or just titles that are decent but not what the "diggin" world made them out to be. Post some of your deep pocket disappointments and any back story on who, what, where & why the fusk you spent that much paper on a damn record. For me, this future bowl comes to mind. I've had success, breaks wise, with Hoctor records in the past. This WAS NOT one of them. I fell prey to the monster that is ebay....

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    for me it was the Plaster Caster Blues Band LP(boring, yawn yawn)...luckily I sold it for the same amount I paid for it...broke even.

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    breez, i don't know how much u spent on that luigi record and while i agree that
    it's not worth paying a lot of money for it i still think it's an ok record as far as breaks go and definitely worth picking up if u see it for cheap. i mean there is a lot of usable stuff on there plus it isn't the most common record either. it is, however, a total terd music wise though...

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Some sellers can still flip it on ebay and make around 70 dollars!

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    I think i paid 10 or 15 for this on the strength of "Os" Osbourne...

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    breez, i don't know how much u spent on that luigi record and while i agree that
    it's not worth paying a lot of money for it i still think it's an ok record as far as breaks go and definitely worth picking up if u see it for cheap. i mean there is a lot of usable stuff on there plus it isn't the most common record either. it is, however, a total terd music wise though...

I feel you. I only spent like $20 on it, but I have a gang of other Luigi joints and some other Hoctor stuff that pretty much sound the same as this one. Oh well, it's just one more to add to the library. But I know I can make my money back if I would ever decide to sell it.