thread from another forum (record shipping rel)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
thought it might be of interest to strutters...funny how the record shipping game in the garage/punk world is a bit different than here when it comes to impressions/attitudeshttp://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&topic=48659

Comments

• This:

Mailing out records is a bitch. Sometimes family members die, sometimes you get divorced and things slow down even more. When we were kids you'd have to call Tim Warren up personally to get your shit at times, and he would answer the phone slurring his speech. Goner is a good mailorder business, but even they can only peddle so many records. Allot of distros rip labels off too, not to mention record stores all over America going bankrupt and closing down. I remember before the internet ordering tons of zines I never received, there was usually a 30% chance you'd get what you paid for.

Nothing risked nothing gained that's what they say. The best thing is to understand that you're mostly dealing with non-professionals, and keep sending them nice reminders. When people are snotty about it, it's allot easier just to refund their money than to put up with a bunch of shit.

and this:

all i know is most people dont give a shit how long it takes as long as they get their stuff. they understand you arent gonna steal their eight bucks and go gamble it away down in mexico. most people dont complain. there are always a couple bitches, however, who think they are doing you a huge favor by buying something you are maybe making a dollar of profit on. personally, i would rather not deal with those people at all. i guess you have to listen to mp3s for awhile. F*ck you if you dont like it, you whiny little bitches. bite your arm for a couple days, wait out by the mailbox. the guy didnt put out 30+ records to rip people off, obviously. people have been complaining for years about his shitty service. he isnt going to change probably. so, your only choices are still order from him or dont. and i think if you dont, he probably wont give a shit.

I was at Allentown yesterday and there were several middle-aged, page-boy types hovering over the boxes of garage 45s.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    I like this response

sorry if you are a completely lazy f*cking bastard (that seems to be his only excuse, sorry but it is) records are not difficult to send out....mailers are not expensive if you buy them in bulk...and I think a record label would have the customer base to justify buying a hundred mailers at a time...

Also, if his attitude is, "ill mail them when I feel like it"..then he is a complete douchebag. Sure he is only sitting on people's $20...but if a hundred people send him $20...then isnt $2000 plenty of money to sit at home for say 4 or 6 hours to send out a hundred records. That is all the time that would have to be invested.

Im guessing this guy isnt a brain surgeon, or has any other job that requires a 24 hour on call working schedule that he just cant find the time to ship these records out.

Come on, anybody who empathizes with this guy and his defending his practices must be a lazy douchebag as well.