Rapidshare Bitching Thread

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
SO lAst time I was complaining about speeds. apparently it was server issues. yadda yadda. last night i go to d/l a 40mb file and i guess i reached my PREMIUM SUBCRIBER LIMIT!! 5GB a DAY! so here i am less then 12 hours later unable to d/l anything off that shitthole site. so first you pay for a subscription, but now they force you to buy RAPID TRAFFIC POINTS to extend your limit. THESE MUTHAFUKKAs are On some SCHITT!heres the message i get. remember i PAY for this service
ErrorYou want to download the following file:http://rapidshare.com/files/363725636/####******.part2.rar | 100000 KBYou have exceeded the download limit.Your account is credited with 5 Gigabytes per day. 5 Gigabytes are equal to 5.000.000.000 Bytes.Are your DownloadTraffic Management Settings correct? * The various options of the Downloadtraffic Management can be changed in the Settings from within your Premium Account. The following options can be selected: "No conversion", "Use existing TrafficShare Volume", or "Use TrafficShare first and afterwards RapidPoints". * When the download limit is reached, automatically 1.000 MB Downloadtraffic is going to be made available from your TrafficShare quota or from your RapidPoints. This presumes: * You require 150 RapidPoints for the conversion to 1.000 MB Downloadtraffic. * You require more than 5GB TrafficShare quota to convert TrafficShare into downloading volume. The creation of 1.000 MB Downloadtraffic requires 1.000 MB of your TrafficShare quota. * Manual conversions of RapidPoints or TrafficShare into other magnitudes is not possible.Check DownloadTraffic ManagementRapidPoints for further download trafficExtend Account1. Select your account2. Payment options3. ActivationPurchase TrafficShare VolumePlease note that you need a valid Premium Account for using your TrafficShare traffic. Purchasing TrafficShare will NOT extend the duration of your Premium Account. A Premium Account that has expired will be deleted after 14 days. Any unused TrafficShare left on the account will also expire.TrafficShare is an allocated download quota that can be flexibly applied: 1. For one; to offer files for direct download: The receiver can instantly save the file, without being a RapidShare Premium member. The cost for the accumulated data-traffic is covered be the owner of the file. 2. On the other hand, you can use TrafficShare to stock up your own download volume. When you download a file and have exhausted your download quota, you have the possibility to allow our system to automatically convert TrafficShare to Download Traffic in your account settings. For this a balance of more than 5 GB needs to be booked to your TrafficShare Account. For the automatic conversion of TrafficShare into download volume, please check your Downloadtraffic Managment options. Downloadtraffic Managment options100 GBTrafficShare10 Cent per GB?999 500 GBTrafficShare9 Cent per GBSave 10%!?4499 2500 GBTrafficShare8 Cent per GBSave 20%!?19999

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Sounds like someone has jacked your account. Is that a likely possibility?

• Sounds like someone has jacked your account. Is that a likely possibility?

sounds like the time i used 95gb over my monthly limit [60gb] while i was out of the country. account must be ghosted by someone.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    or it could be the flashget download manager ive been using the past few days. i read some d/l managers send false information and reconnect with the servers more often then they should.

i highly doubt anyone got in my account. im careful with it.

• i highly doubt anyone got in my account. im careful with it.

• or it could be the flashget download manager ive been using the past few days. i read some d/l managers send false information and reconnect with the servers more often then they should.

If you split your files you'll use up your amount quicker. It's prob you manager. I was bitching about rapidshare speed probably more than anyone on the whole internet but they seem to be going up some especially at night the last four days or so.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    well i gotta say they've gotten faster again.. i can download with 2mb/s (my max bandwith) with jdownloader

so theres definitely a 5GB limit. its not my d/l manager.
    so whack.

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    It's a 5gb limit on mine too, what part of the online file host game is this????

looks like it's back to free user at the end of the month for me.

thats the size of a dvd...

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i think its around 25gigs a day cause there are days where i download several dvd/blu ray rips

that sounds much more reasonable. im messing around with some settings.

• People should stop using rapidshare to upload shit. There are plenty of superior file hosting sites out there.