Tunji Oyelana The Benders

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
How difficult is it to obtain this jernt? s/t from '75....loot?

Comments

• Options
    I've been offered $600 for mine. Not going anywhere.

K.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I'll stick with the reissued track "Ifa" for now...dang.

• Options
    You should hear the rest of the LP.

K.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    dang.

• Options
    I'll post a clip and pics for you once I get home form the cottage.

K

P.S. i guess you wouldn't be into picking that MArijata either.

• How difficult is it to obtain this jernt? s/t from '75....loot?

I've been looking high and low for this for at least a year and the only place I've ever seen it is on the internet when K posted up pics w/ short snippets.

• Maybe among the fly-covered bins of humidity-infested thrift?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    a friend of mine sold his on ebay maybe five months back for around $350 if i remember correct. it was VG copy.

• http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4720014889

i know this isn't the same country but who has heard that ghana sounds compilation. shit is dope. i wonder how hard it it to find that stuff on vinyl?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I lied $300. thata be za one.

ghana soundz tracks are very easy to find. i found 'em all in central louisiana next to an abandoned siloh. what luck i have.

• Options
    Basically, unless you'rehooked up with a African trolling dealer, you're fucked. Even then,n there is no guarantee's.

That said, between a couple of my friends I think we have that comp covered (and I'm the VERY small part of that equation).

K.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I lied $300. thata be za one.

ghana soundz tracks are very easy to find. i found 'em all in central louisiana next to an abandoned siloh. what luck i have.

That's funny, because I met this Nigerian cabby in Montreal who took me to the basement of a community centre where I found quite a few of the titles. I sold them pretty quickly, though, since it's not really my sound. Anyway, if I were to start buying afro records I'd be just another goof biting Kevin and Symon and friends of Kevin and Symon who lurk in the Toronto catacombs.