The Nonce, "World Ultimate" question...

stevestoochstevestooch 2 Posts
edited February 2010 in Strut Central
Been trying to find this out for years.It sounds like on their "World Ultimate" LP, The Nonce are using pretty much one keyboard for the main melodies throughout the album. It's real light and airy sounding.Obviously some of the main melodies are loops, but i'd be shocked if a majority of it wasn't keyboard, and by the hard pans they're doing on some of the tracks it'd be tough to do with samples.Does anybody know what keyboard they used?

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Interesting question, I'd be curious to know the answer myself. Those melodies were so gorgeous to me - such an amazing album production wise.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,787 Posts
    Nonce first came into widespread use in UK prisons, where it is primarily used by prisoners to refer to convicted sex offenders, especially abusers of children. "Nonces" are traditionally targets of physical abuse from their prison inmates, and so usually go on Rule 45 (formerly Rule 43)[1] , the rule that enables the segregation of vulnerable prisoners from the other prisoners for their own safety. The Rule 45 section of British prisons in which sex offenders are segregated (also known as going on 'The Numbers' or, in rhyming slang, 'The Cucumbers') is often referred to as the "nonce wing".