Calling All Salsa Balleurs

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited February 2010 in Strut Central
Hey peoples,So the "good" self titled Miami Sound Machine, with the orange on the turntable and the blue background, how many pressings are there of it? What is the difference between the Electric Cat/Top Hits/foreign pressings? Is there a difference in value between pressings? Holleur at a playeur. Thx!

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    What is the difference between the Electric Cat/Top Hits/foreign pressings? Is there a difference in value between pressings?

E.C. press is best in terms of fidelity, and also will garner the most $$ if you auction it off, I think.

Never seen the Top Hits press (is this domestic?), just South American issues on RCA. The latter should probably get you 2/3 the price of the EC's. Great find either way!

Also, I don't think it's the Salsa people who are buying this, but more Disco/Latin Disco folks.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Say wird. If anyone knows anything else, drops jewels in this here thread.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Ive had the Electric Cat pressing sitting on discogs for a few months for $50 unsold.

• You guys know this one? Is this heat?

Pros
    Mericana label is great
    Song titles look promising
    Band looks like a collection of cool guys

Cons
    Cover
    B&W colors
    Date of release

Thread hijackeur!

• Haha! I thought you were all settled with MSM?!

Date of release has got me kind of meh, but I kind of like the cover.

• speaking about salsa, can anyone give me some info on nelson feliciano's orchestra/kito velez' "Guanica Brass" LP value? I found a NM in the thrift store and someone told me the record is rare but it was hard to believe because dustygroove chicago didnt want it and they couldnt give me info on it nor the internet could..

heres my copy

You don't need it, give it to me.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I got $50 on it. Holler.

• You don't need it, give it to me.

• "Guanica Brass" is not an easy pull, but not rare either, good record either way. I'd put it in the $50-$70 range.