Iron Man 2 Picts and Info (-NRR)

SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Mickey Rourke as the villain. Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widdow... Link to article: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/07/this-weeks-cover-iron-man-2.html

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

miscast as HELL. this movie is starting to look a little doo-dewish.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I can't tell whose extensions look worse - hers or Rourke's.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    rourke's. his shit has always looked raggedy andy.

• Mickey Rourke as the villain.

Mickey Rourke is starting to look like a homeless (boatless?) pirate who keeps a tanning bed plugged in somewhere. I'm pretty sure he smells.

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    rourke's. his shit has always looked raggedy andy.

Which is why he was the man in Sin City as Marv:

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    that's a wig, not extensions. also, carlo gaugino (?) is way hott.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

miscast as HELL. this movie is starting to look a little doo-dewish.

Why they gotta go and do that.

Natasha has been a Russian woman since the 60's.

I know (like Paltrow) they want to pair him w/ a Hollywood name but DANG.

NAGL at all.

and who the hell is O'Rourke suppossed to be?

Whiplash(new version)

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i usually try to reserve opinion until i see a trailer, but casting johanson is not the move. i can't imagine her trying to do a accent. rourke could be cool, provided he is bringing his A-game to this and is not just cashing a fat check. we'll see...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    also, is cheadle going to be included in this hype? any war machine in this?

rourke could be cool, provided he is bringing his A-game to this and is not just cashing a fat check. we'll see...

The banter between Rourke & Downey Jr has to be off the chain.

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts

From EW (see link at bottom of original post)

Downey, director Jon Favreau, screenwriter Justin Theroux, and the rest of the creative team struck upon the idea of introducing two very different foes for Stark. On one side is Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell), a fast-talking weapons manufacturer who fancies himself the next Tony Stark; on the other, Vanko, who, while incarcerated in a Russian prison, creates his own battle-suit, which shoots devastating, whip-like beams. Hammer and Whiplash join forces to take down Downey???s character, Tony Stark. Rourke, for his part, wanted to instill some lightness into the role of the heavy. "I told Favreau, 'I don't want to just play him as a one-dimensional p----,'" he says. "He let me have a cockatoo, who I talk to and get drunk with while I???m making my suit."[/b]

It's the bolded quote that has me shaking my head.

As for the whole Black Widow thing, I am curious why she is even in the movie. My memory of her character is from Daredevil (note, I stopped collecting comics about 5 years ago and was not collecting Marvel for an additional 10 before that) in the 70s and 80s.

It sounds like she is still Russian but with the Soviet Union gone her cold war spy deal is prolly being updated to some sort of corporate espionage gig.

From EW (see link at bottom of original post)

Downey, director Jon Favreau, screenwriter Justin Theroux, and the rest of the creative team struck upon the idea of introducing two very different foes for Stark. On one side is Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell), a fast-talking weapons manufacturer who fancies himself the next Tony Stark; on the other, Vanko, who, while incarcerated in a Russian prison, creates his own battle-suit, which shoots devastating, whip-like beams. Hammer and Whiplash join forces to take down Downey???s character, Tony Stark. Rourke, for his part, wanted to instill some lightness into the role of the heavy. "I told Favreau, 'I don't want to just play him as a one-dimensional p----,'" he says. "He let me have a cockatoo, who I talk to and get drunk with while I???m making my suit."[/b]

It's the bolded quote that has me shaking my head.

As for the whole Black Widow thing, I am curious why she is even in the movie. My memory of her character is from Daredevil (note, I stopped collecting comics about 5 years ago and was not collecting Marvel for an additional 10 before that) in the 70s and 80s.

It sounds like she is still Russian but with the Soviet Union gone her cold war spy deal is prolly being updated to some sort of corporate espionage gig.

Black Widow started in Iron Man as a Corporate Russian Spy.

She moved on to Daredevil and was integral to the Frank Miller era.
    That's when she cut her hair short and was Matt Murdock's lover for a minute.

She's back to her classic look w/ some tweaks.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i see black widow's inclusion in this movie as a nod to the eventual avengers movie. dc needs to get off thier ass. a thor movie directed by kenneth brannagh is coming out??? i never thought i'd see some of this ish make it to the big screen.

DC needs to get off thier ass.

DC fucked themselves w/ that Superman trash. That along w/ Batman was suppossed to clear the air and get shit started.

Im waiting for CAPTAIN AMERICA!

Wow, Iron Man 2 is already in '90s Batman mode already! Does this film REALLY need 3-4 other characters in rotation? WTF!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

The only redeeming part of this film is that my sister in law was in it so at least someone I know got paid. Otherwise it was in every way.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    vivica fox?