PUDDIN' Tonight at APT - DISCO-BOOGIE-MODERN SOUL

DongerDonger 854 Posts
edited July 2009 in Announcements
Mark your calendars for Thursday, July 16th in NYC with DJsJamie 3:26 (Chicago)Josh Dunn (Detroit, Wax Poetics) Love On The Run (NYC, Puddin')This is Josh's going away party, and we are also especially honored to have Chicago's Jamie 3:26 grace the decks, he is one of Chi-town's deepest cats on the Disco scene out there, so you know this is going to be an incredible night.Puddin' is a monthly classic dance party held at APT, 419 West 13th Street, and there is no cover charge for entry. Just come down meet us down stairs for your Function 1 sound system beat down.

Comments

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Plain and simple, Jamie laid down the law last night. His edit of Spasticus Autisticus was EPIC. Seriously, next time he is in town, do yourself a favor and don't miss him. Jamie, anytime you are in town you've got a place to play.

Happy Birthday and special thanks to Benguin for a fantastic warm up and closing set, as well as saving the night behind the scenes! Jamie, if you only knew some of the other funny moves we had to pull before set up time you would be cracking up BTW for the cats on this board who have not heard Ben DJ, you are seriously sleeping on this guy, he is a natural and only gets better every time I hear him.

Shout outs to Josh Dunn AKA Fox 50, he did his thing Detroit +8 style that we love! He was also playing some seriously fucked up tunes we never heard before, as we've come to expect! We are going to miss you, but the upside is you say you are going to visit a lot

Special thanks to my Nigerian homey Osore for being our last minute DJ upstairs! If you didn't get a chance to make your way upstairs, you missed some of the most beautiful records played last night. Seriously soulful cuts, rare jazz LPs, home grown and home dug afro-jazz, and just general beautiful music.

The music was top notch on two floors last night, and thanks to everyone who came out, danced, drank, and supported and had fun on every level! Great to meet some of the heads I've been wanting to meet for a while, and special shout out to Dj Marbil for being so awesome!!!

So now that last night was a success, I am back to work on the next Puddin' and growing this party on another level, and also watch this space for pictures of last night...

P.S. Tuesday, July 28th is going to be another special night, as Sal P of Liquid Liquid fame and I are having a record release party for his Fist of Facts record release on Claremont 56, so watch this space!