80s RAPPERS AND THEIR CUSTOM MADE CLOTHING

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I'm trying to hunt down Dapper Dan. He was responsible for the custom made leatherjackets out of MCM, Gucci or Louis Vuitton leather that the Ultras, Eric B & Rakim, MC Rell and others wore on their covers in the 80s. I heard that he also did a leather rooftop for Rakims Jeep in the 80s. I cant find any info on the web. Does anyone have some hints ??? His real name ? His whereabouts ?? Does he have a new shop ??PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Go up 125th street Uptown and get to doing some detecive work. I had a gucci suit I bought from him but sold it a long time ago. I went into his shop and he had this super ill jacket that said "Cutmaster Butter" across the back, and he had a gucci suit. Everything was custom made and he told me Butter never came back for his jacket and neither did the guy for the gucci suit. Well eventhough the jacket was better I just couldn't rock somebody else's name! So I bought the gucci suit. Wish I would have kept it. On another note I was walking down 125 and went by Paul Winley's place, I peeked in the window and some old lady was outside and asked what I wanted - I told her I liked Paul Winley's records and she said get away from the door. As I was walking away Paul Winley came out and this huge dog treid to rush me. She said "I told you to get away"!!! He was little weird at first but ended up being cool and gave me a Harlem Underground Poster.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what about this ish? memories...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    email Christie Z. : [email]toolsofwar@aol.com[/email] and ask for some contact info

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what about this ish? memories...
    c'mon... who had this shit?

• On another note I was walking down 125 and went by Paul Winley's place, I peeked in the window and some old lady was outside and asked what I wanted - I told her I liked Paul Winley's records and she said get away from the door. As I was walking away Paul Winley came out and this huge dog treid to rush me. She said "I told you to get away"!!! He was little weird at first but ended up being cool and gave me a Harlem Underground Poster

HaHA!! Nice.