Pete Dunaway - Supermarket

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Looking at the tracklist of the Black Rio Vol.2 comp I see that track listed. I have this on an Argentinian 70s comp called "Afro-Soul Bolachas" and had no clue it was brazilian. Anyone knows the deal about the artist, albums, other dope tracks...?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    He has another album that is kind of disco cheezeball boring. One cool 10-second riff and that's it.

He was one of the artists that sang in English in the 70s because it was a hip thing to do...I don't think his records are very good at all but that one track has a pretty sick intro that someone could make a nice beat out of.

About a $70 record in the right hands, doesn't turn up too often.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Thanks Spelunk.

• his second album is called fantastic musical land and is a terd IMO. If you're after it don't pay any more than ??10.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    picked it up for a buck in sao paulo... all tepid except for that track, which is somehow total perfection to me.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    was it at that spot where nearly all the records were on the floor, with the CDs above? Edson told me you had some luck there...everything was in hammered+ condition when I went.

• that one track has a pretty sick intro that someone could make a nice beat out of.
    the intro & the strings throughout reminds me of this track: