Transformers 2 - Hells No!

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
The only decent thing to come from Transformers 2 is reading Ebert's review.http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090623/REVIEWS/906239997 I'm betting this goes down as the biggest turd of a big budget Hollywood flick of 2009.Tho, from what I've read, GI Joe might give it a run at the title.

Comments

• "Their appearance looks like junkyard throw-up."

that review got a ridiculous amount of laughs out of me.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    My personal fav was

"If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination."

Any reviews where you see written that this is the must see movie of the year/summer. Never ever trust what that person says again. EVER

ON ANY TOPIC.

• Man, I will be having a blast viewing the 100% reviews given by the RT Community.

• if memory serves, ebert has a long-standing beef with people outrunning explosions. i remember it being a topic on his tv review of a movie.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Maw this will be one of the big hits of the summer. Watch

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Footnote 6/24: Does it strike you as a lapse of Pyramid security that no one notices a gigantic Deceptibot ripping off the top of the Great Pyramid? Not anyone watching on the live PyramidCam? Not even a traffic copter?

It must be good when Ebert has to add a footnote about something extra stupid he just remembered.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Well respected English movie critic Mark Kermode reviews Transformers 2.

I 3

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

I 3

very true.
    although: I cannot imagine expecting anything else, having seen the first one. Remarkable in its dedication to shittiness...

I predict major legs on soulstrut, once we get into the Jar Jar Binks characters, too...

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts

I predict major legs on soulstrut, once we get into the Jar Jar Binks characters, too...

cosign. all i've been hearing on this is

Black Nerds* are calling them "Sambots"

( * its a blog )

Black Nerds*

( * its a blog )

LOL

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    From an email string I was on a couple days ago:

"I somehow got sucked into seeing a screening of this last night, and it truly was the most bloated, pointless, intolerable, borderline racist mess of a movie I've seen in a decade."

So basically, it's Crash with robots.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I was pretty let down by this one. Super cyber robots who learned english from monotoring Earth with their super high level computer knowledge and the "black ones" can't read. I realize they give them accents to create character but that went to far into some Jar Jar binks stuff. Plus it was pretty much the first movie fresh out of a blender.

This, in all honesty. Might be THE greatest review of all time.

http://io9.com/5301898/michael-bay-finally-made-an-art-movie

• Options
    Cosign. Brilliant review.

Transformers: ROFL