greetings and a 'what's that choon' question

edzillionedzillion 18 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
greetings alllets see how useful this mofo is:a mate gave me a tape with a wicked early 70's sounding soul/funk tune, great guitar & sax solos, he got it off a dj shadow compilation where the tracks are not named (I think that is called Funk Spectrum)It starts with a spoken intro of a male (black) voice saying: "procrastination. putting off until tomorrow what can be done today". The chorus is similar "we can't wait until tomorrow, we can't wait until tomorrow, we can't wait..."any idea of the band label etc.Cheersed

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    "lets see how useful this mofo is"

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    That sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure it's by Leo Sayer. The LP is raer, but you might want to check it out:

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    OK, I'll be nice.

Beleive it or not its off of this record:

good luck finding it though. especially in the UK.

was also sampled by primo.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    BAN

• edzillionedzillion 18 Posts
    wtf? I figured out it was 'the us' but couldn't find the label - do you have a photo of all your 45s?

edit: ok, I see that ebay watermark, so that explains that.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    wtf? I figured out it was 'the us' but couldn't find the label - do you have a photo of all your 45s?

edit: ok, I see that ebay watermark, so that explains that.

If you know the artist and title you're set. Google search 'em in double quotes.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    REY.

You know you fucked up, right?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's a new day, Gary. Dudes need to learn how to search for their own schitt already.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    But dude.

Endless Flight is ALWAYS the answer.

ALWAYS.

I'll let you off with a warning this time, but if it happens again I'll be forced to take it up the chain of command. Next time, Raj will be hearing about this.