No jail time for Chris Brown

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
That fool should really have gotten locked up for a few years at least. Crazy.From CNN....By Alan Duke and Ted RowlandsCNNLOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A plea deal has been reached in the assault case against singer Chris Brown, defense attorney Mark Geragos said in a hearing Monday.Under terms of the agreement, Brown will serve five years of probation and complete 180 days of community service, although he has the option to serve 180 days in jail. He also must undergo domestic violence counseling.Brown, 20, had previously pleaded not guilty to felony counts of assault and making criminal threats in connection with an attack on his girlfriend, Rihanna, also a singer.But under the plea deal, he pleaded guilty to one count of assault with the intent of doing great bodily injury in connection with the argument inside a rented Lamborghini on a Hollywood street in February. See a timeline of events in this case ??Rihanna, whose real name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, made a brief appearance at the hearing -- after Brown had left the courtroom -- to hear Los Angeles Criminal Court Judge Patricia Schnegg discuss the issuance of a "stay away" order requiring him to stay 100 yards from her. Through her attorney, Rihanna had requested that such an order not be issued.But Schnegg refused that request, saying she would issue such an order but would revise it to 50 yards -- 10 yards if the two are at the same "industry event" together.Schnegg told Rihanna, who was wearing a black dress with white pearls around her neck, that she would consider lifting the order after Brown completes his domestic violence counseling but advised Rihanna not to contact Brown. Asked whether she understood, Rihanna said she did before leaving the courtroom via a back door.Rihanna's attorney, Donald Etra, said Rihanna made the request because she felt that a protective order in place, requiring that Brown not annoy or harass her, was sufficient.Schnegg said Brown could apply to have his supervised probation transferred to Virginia, where he maintains his legal residence. He also can complete his community service there, she said, but it would have to meet the court's standards."I want Mr. Brown treated as any other defendant who comes to this court," Schnegg said. She noted, however, that he has no prior criminal record.Dressed in a light plaid suit, Brown answered "Guilty" when asked his plea by Assistant District Attorney Mary Murphy.Formal sentencing was set for August 5.Rihanna's attorney, Donald Etra, said after the hearing that she "was fully prepared to testify and she would have told the truth about what happened that evening." He said she did not object to the plea agreement.Rihanna had not attended any of the hearings in the case but had been following the case closely, Etra said earlier.She did not file a complaint against Brown, but the prosecution's case was built on what she told detectives and on physical evidence collected from her, including photographs of her bruised and battered face.It was not Rihanna who called police but someone who heard her screams for help, according to a sworn statement by Los Angeles Police Detective DeShon Andrews.The statement, filed with the court to support a search warrant for cell phone records, described a brutal attack against Rihanna, allegedly by Brown.Andrews said the incident began when Rihanna, who was riding in the sports car driven by Brown, found a text message on his cell phone from "a woman who Brown had a previous sexual relationship with.""A verbal argument ensued," followed by the physical attack, the statement said. It went on to describe the assault in great detail, saying Brown punched her numerous times and put her in a head lock, restricting her breathing and causing her to start to lose consciousness. He threatened to "beat the s--t out of you" and kill her, according to the statement, and also bit her ear and her fingers.Eventually, "Robyn F. began screaming for help and Brown exited the vehicle and walked away. A resident in the neighborhood heard Robyn F.'s plea for help and called 911, causing a police response. An investigation was conducted and Robyn F. was issued a Domestic Violence Emergency Protective Order."At the end of his statement, the detective said Brown sent a text message nine days later, apologizing.advertisementBrown also issued a public apology for the incident just days after his arrest."Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," he said in a statement released by his spokesman. "I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person."

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    That fool should really have gotten locked up for a few years at least. Crazy.

How many years in jail would soothe you?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

How many would it take for him to be forgotten by the time he comes back out again?

For a guy who beats the shit out of his girlfriend because she's mad he's getting texts from an ex-fuckbuddy... yeah... big sympathy here.

How many would it take for him to be forgotten by the time he comes back out again?

For a guy who beats the shit out of his girlfriend because she's mad he's getting texts from an ex-fuckbuddy... yeah... big sympathy here.

can u give me a number instead of emotions?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

parole after 1

I feel like that's what someone like me would get

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Good.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

parole after 1

Fair response.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Actually, if you have no prior record, plead guilty, and the victim does not want to see any serious punishment, I think this is the way it would usually go.

Repeat offense should = automatic jail time.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

parole after 1

For real. Anyone else would be doing time. Regardless of priors.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Well M*ke's right though - if the victim wasn't pressing it, then you'd get off light. But I wrote that with the knowledge that if I left my wife looking like Rihanna, she'd definitely be trying to put me under the jail

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    His punishment was the same as any 1st time offender with no priors...He was treated fair..Her career is over

• He was treated fair..Her career is over

do you mean HIS career is over? Her's definitely is not.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Yes,I meant hers..save this thread..check back in a year

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    A comeback story is more compelling than a survivor story. Advantage Chris.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    He was treated fair..Her career is over

Perhaps I'm too cynical, but I bet her management will try to turn her into this generation's Tina Turner.

I hope they both fade away

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

parole after 1

For real. Anyone else would be doing time. Regardless of priors.

Please tell what state you live in that gives jail time to a guy who gives his girl friend a black eye?

I've never known these guys to do more than the night they were arrested.
    And that's only on the rare occasions they are arrested.

Kiss Fm is playing NO AIR.

• Yes,I meant hers..save this thread..check back in a year

becky's love her more than ever. she's not going anywhere for a while.

Like Christine Aguilerra?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Becky be fickle n shit, let's wait n see.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Like Christine Aguilerra?

When's the last time she put out anything?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    He was treated fair..Her career is over

Perhaps I'm too cynical, but I bet her management will try to turn her into this generation's Tina Turner.

Mary J Blige/K-Ci might be a closer fit given they have separate careers and current attitudes about this shit are closer to that of the 90s than 60s.
    Supposedly MJB is doing a song with Brown....that was meant for him and Rihanna....it's all so twisted and please remind me, why do I care?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You can be in the loop and still not give a rat's ass.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lol - aha!!

Rhianna doesn't have half the street-cred or gut-bucket Black Loyalty that Mary had when she was all coked out and cryin over K-Ci.

Plus Mary can actually woo her fans w/ her voice. Rhianna cant sing a damn lick.

I wonder if shell spin this shit in her favor thru the music or just act like it didnt happen and just pump out pop shit.