Pensacola/Panama City FL Digging?

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Next Saturday I'm going to Florida for 3 weeks , and wondered what the digging prospects along the Gulf coast are like. I'll probably pass through Pensacola, Panama City, and Tallahasse at some point, are there any spots to check there, or is there anywhere else nearby that would be worth the visit - either for digging or just general interest?Muchos Muchos in advance.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts

• Florida= few record shops, but incredible finds at thrifts and Fleas. Hit them yellowed pages!

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Florida= few record shops, but incredible finds at thrifts and Fleas. Hit them yellowed pages!

True. North Florida is totally random. Miles of bad Christian, country and classic rock records with surprises thrown in. You gotta dig deep but you can find stuff.

Not record related but I remember going to Panama City in 1981. We stumbled into a combination oyster bar and head shop on the side of some state highway outside of town. Sand parking lot (of course), 6-7 bar stools, super-fresh oysters and a decent selection of bongs and pipes. Run by a real nice young couple. Wonder if its still there...