A Summer Hippity Hopp Mix For You

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Just finished a rough draft of a little summer hip hop mix, and I figure I'll share with y'all. It's very boom bap East Coast-centric, so if that's up your alley, check it out. I put it together specifically for sunshine/grilling listening, although it may also work in your respective whips.Track list:The Jaz ??? It???s That SimpleThe UMC???s ??? One to Grow On (Growin??? Like Weeds Mix)Phill Most Chill ??? Be IntelligentEPMD ??? Rampage (Pete Rock Remix)LL Cool J ??? Jingling Baby (Remixed But Still Jingling)Grandmaster Caz ??? To All the Party PeopleGrandmaster Flash and the Furious Five ??? FreedomMain Source ??? AtomTime Zone ??? Zulu War ChantBig Daddy Kane ??? Ain???t No Half Steppin???Diamond D ??? Freestyle (Yo, That???s the Shit)Stetsasonic ??? DBC Let the Music PlayDJ Day ??? F*ck the BBQDe La Soul ??? Not Over Til the Fat Lady Plays the DemoMantronix ??? King of the BeatsChubb Rock ??? Ya Bad ChubbsDivine Styler ??? Ain???t Sayin??? Nothin???Original Flavor ??? Waitin??? 4 My BreakIntelligent Hoodlum ??? Party PackOrganized Konfusion ??? Who Stole My Last Piece of Chicken? (Remix)

Comments

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i'm draggin here at work, and the green tea ain't working, just what i needed.
    only three songs in but love the obama intro.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Thanx for posting, downloading now...Even though its winter down under I need something to cheer me up cus this cold is f*cking depressing!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    track list looks great, down loading now thanks

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    hey man...fresh mix.... cheers for posting this up.... Hoepfully it wont rain this weekenbd and I can pump this while in BBQ mode....

BTW- Did Nice N Smooth bite Grandmaster Caz (harmonize hook?).... never heard that Caz song and the start of it sounded very similar to N&S joint.... hhmmmmm

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    BTW- Did Nice N Smooth bite Grandmaster Caz (harmonize hook?).... never heard that Caz song and the start of it sounded very similar to N&S joint.... hhmmmmm

Good question. As far as I know, the track first appeared on the The Grandest of Them All LP in 1992, while Harmonize appeared on Ain't A Damn Thing Changed in 1991. But I don't know when To All The Party People was actually recorded, and I would guess the Caz and Whipper Whip routine was lot older than that, probably dating back to the Cold Crush days.

• chimachima 33 Posts
    dope mix. thank you!