Recordkingz

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Has anyone here ever dealed with those a-holes at Recordkingz?Back in december I made the mistake of thinking I could actually do a trade with these f*@kers.I agreed with fat Julian on a trade and sent him over a couple of valuable pieces (in pristine condition too). He was going to send me a couple of library records in return. After a couple of weeks still no records so I emailed him a couple of times but no response. Only when I 'adjusted' my language a little bit he took the time to reply, making excuses that he had gotten ill and was unable to go to the postoffice. Although I didn't really believe him, I was kind of glad he took some of his precious time to get back to me. After that his lady Amy took over and promissed me to get on the case. I only got my stuff in march (almost 4 months later) and one of the records was the wrong one. Amy was going to sort it out for me. Appeared the record I wanted was no longer in stock so I could choose another one. I returned the record and nothing happened. I have sent several emails again, she promised me to get it out in the mail when she finally told me she couldn't find the other record as well.....their office must be a mess.Basically I'm sick and tired with these people. I always thought they were too expensive but thought it couldn't hurt to trade with them.What it comes down to is that these people are a bunch of conartists who don't live up to what they promise. It's a dodgy business and they list stuff they actually don't seem to have so when you order something, there's a fair chance you will actually be asked to pick something else. Their website says it takes them 24 to 48 hours to process an order. Please make that 24 to 48 weeks....if you're lucky.Also they seriously lack communication skills, they don't respond to emails unless your name is Pete Rock.I run into fat Julian from time to time and be sure I'll drag his fat ass through the dirt next time I see him.

Comments

• I got the same excuses. "I've been ill" "my whole family's been ill" I got my record after a couple of months though. People get heated at them regularly, i think i remember reading a thread on Vinyl Vulture where "Julian Da Fat Gangsta" turned up to defend himself.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I launched a thread about this on Very Good Plus a while ago too and several people assured me that I would eventually get my stuff. Another dealer I buy from said he actually is someone who don't belong in the game, he lies, makes excuses and should be avoided at all costs.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I ordered something from them on gemm only to be told that, "sorry, gemm must of made a mistake with our prices, that's actually double the price." I had a few emails with the dude after that, but just left it after a while because I wasn't getting anywhere with him.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I once had a nightmare that every song I heard for the
    rest of my life would have that "rec-record-kingz-ingz"
    watermark happening throughout it. (((shudder)))

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    I once had a nightmare that every song I heard for the
    rest of my life would have that "rec-record-kingz-ingz"
    watermark happening throughout it. (((shudder)))

"Record kingz...Record kingz...Record kingz..."

• recordkingz- always on a heavy overpricing tip and hard to contact...i never deal with them, just try and get your records and then

i HATE this too.

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    I ordered something from them on gemm only to be told that, "sorry, gemm must of made a mistake with our prices, that's actually double the price." I had a few emails with the dude after that, but just left it after a while because I wasn't getting anywhere with him.

Had the same exact gemm experience with them... then a month or so later tried to order a couple titles off their site and got the "not in stock, pick another" line (???)... apparently customer service/professionalism is not their strong suit...

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    have bought and sold many many records with them with no problems.

peace, stein. . .

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

peace, stein. . .

Can you give us a little insight on how you managed to do this...with no problems???

• swissbeatzswissbeatz 152 Posts
    they don't respond to emails unless your name is Pete Rock or Young Einstein

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    I had a similar experience with them. Every third or fourth email would get a response. it took 2 months to get my records and let's just say he overestimated the condition of many of them. Oddly enough,he also claimed to have been terribly ill when i was trying to contact him for a few weeks.

• I was just checking out their 7's. The prices are out of control, shit is double the ebay price. I wouldn't buy shit from them.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    ^^^^ exactly^^^^

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    he also claimed to have been terribly ill when i was trying to contact him for a few weeks.

ILL DRAMA STABS

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts

peace, stein. . .

Can you give us a little insight on how you managed to do this...with no problems???

did about a 3 week tour in u.k./eu back in 2001 and the creators(julian's group) was the opener for us.

peace, stein. . .

he also claimed to have been terribly ill when i was trying to contact him for a few weeks.

ILL DRAMA STABS

TOO MANI SICK SAMPLES BREAKS

• I've dealt with them via their website maybe 3 times without problems. Guess I'm lucky. Though many of his prices are steeeeeeeeeep, definitely.

Interesting choice of first post