Crop Circles

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Latest ones are off the chain...

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    where are the people who thought these were supernatural? I want to talk to them now...
    ...and the Y2K sell-it-all-and-move-to-the-mountaineers...
    I'd like a follow-up.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    where are the people who thought these were supernatural? I want to talk to them now...
    ...and the Y2K sell-it-all-and-move-to-the-mountaineers...
    I'd like a follow-up.

Umm, so what is your assuredly-impervious explanation for crop circles?

And Y2K was never anything but a computer issue that could have potentially caused a serious societal breakdown/panic.

2012 on the other hand...could be much more than that.

I'm not set on any one explanaton though...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I saw a documentary a little while back where a couple of guys demonstrated how they'd been making crop circles in the UK for several years. They were basically using boards strapped to their feet, if I recall correctly, or something along those lines.

I saw a documentary a little while back where a couple of guys demonstrated how they'd been making crop circles in the UK for several years. They were basically using boards strapped to their feet, if I recall correctly, or something along those lines.

Yes, they proved that they were able to make crop circles. They didn't prove that they've made all of the crop circles found, especially the more complex ones. Nor did they prove that using boards on your feet is the only way to make a crop circle.

Yet, even if all crop circles are made by dudes with boards on their feet...that is some highly impressive work there.

And still, whoever is making them however...what meaning, if any, do the designs imply?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    That last one doesn't look even remotely real. It looks raised instead of indented, and the shadows are inconsistent with the shadows in the tire tracks.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I've also seen much more high tech man made methods being used.

What they mean is obvious....It's visitors from another planet/galaxy trying to warn us of impending doom.....or their children using our planet as a toy like a giant Spirograph.

That last one doesn't look even remotely real. It looks raised instead of indented, and the shadows are inconsistent with the shadows in the tire tracks.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,848 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Yes, they proved that they were able to make crop circles. They didn't prove that they've made all of the crop circles found, especially the more complex ones. Nor did they prove that using boards on your feet is the only way to make a crop circle.

Yet, even if all crop circles are made by dudes with boards on their feet...that is some highly impressive work there.

And still, whoever is making them however...what meaning, if any, do the designs imply?

Can't argue with any of that. And I'm not one of those people who thinks there isn't intelligent life besides us in the universe???I'm more of show-me-the-proof type of guy. Some of them could be made by extraterrestrial means, but I opt for the simplest explanation lacking any evidence to the contrary.

• I saw a documentary a little while back where a couple of guys demonstrated how they'd been making crop circles in the UK for several years. They were basically using boards strapped to their feet, if I recall correctly, or something along those lines.

Can't argue with any of that. And I'm not one of those people who thinks there isn't intelligent life besides us in the universe???I'm more of show-me-the-proof type of guy. Some of them could be made by extraterrestrial means, but I opt for the simplest explanation lacking any evidence to the contrary.

IMO Occam's Razor is bullshit for smallminded people wanting to take shortcuts in life.

• IMO Occam's Razor is bullshit for smallminded people wanting to take shortcuts in life.

You're right of course. Everything is really the result of insane and convoluted conspiracy theories, alien life forms and anything else you can yank out of your ass at a moment's notice.

IMO Occam's Razor is bullshit for smallminded people wanting to take shortcuts in life.

You're right of course. Everything is really the result of insane and convoluted conspiracy theories, alien life forms and anything else you can yank out of your ass at a moment's notice.

It's neither, bitch, rather a mixture of the simple AND the complex.

• IMO Occam's Razor is bullshit for smallminded people wanting to take shortcuts in life.

It's neither, bitch, rather a mixture of the simple AND the complex.

You obviously leaning toward the simple.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yay! It's a look at the crazy ish Harvey's into thread. I've missed these. Welcome back.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

One of the most ridiculous posts ever, IMO.

The principle encourages rigorous, precise and informed reasoning - how is that a shortcut?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

That aliens create killer jam-band flyer art.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

One of the most ridiculous posts ever, IMO.

The principle encourages rigorous, precise and informed reasoning - how is that a shortcut?
    LOL
    Keep defending your lazy position loser.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    man made farm art. quite astonishing some of them...