wuts the best KEYBOARD under $275?????

Digger_Phelps_IIDigger_Phelps_II 174 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
so i went to guitar world cuz i heard they were having a blowout on everything...i've had my eye on the microkorg for a while since my friend let me try his out but unfortunately the $400 tag is out of my range..but there is a plethora of affordable keyboards that look like they might get the job done with my mpc.....is the any that you kind folks can recommend...obviously i'm looking for a lot of sounds and um....alot of options!pleez holla!

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    roland sh32 or a ymaha dx200

both are modules but you should be able to buy a midi controlelr plus either of these for you're price reange.

both are pretty much equal to the mikro.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Get a used keyboard... better bang for the buck

Novation bass-station

Roland SH-101

• roland sh32 or a ymaha dx200

both are modules but you should be able to buy a midi controlelr plus either of these for you're price reange.

o.k...now i'm gonna expose my lack of knowledge and finally ask : what are "modules"..?...i was told they are "keyless keyboards"....can someone shed a little light...and thanx for the response

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    roland sh32 or a ymaha dx200

o.k...now i'm gonna expose my lack of knowledge and finally ask : what are "modules"..?...i was told they are "keyless keyboards"....can someone shed a little light...and thanx for the response

they are sound units without keys...
    try looking into the ones I mentioned, they have keys, sound good and you can hook up a module to them later to expand the sound. And both should be within your price range

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    good luck scoring an sh101 for under $300 ... plus they have nio memory or midi capabilites.
    the bass station is a good option though.

modules are basically all the knobs / editing parameters / engine of the synth.. without the keyboard. you get a midi keyboard and plug it in and away you go.

midi keys are dirt cheap right now.. and you can get loads of interesting variants with sliders / pads that can be used to trigger computer things for example...

or you could get a yardsale yamaha with midi in it and contol the module with that.

• thanks for all the info

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'll third the Bass Station suggestion, I have one and I love it.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    you can get k-stations for under 300 now as well

they are a lot of fun

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    What exactly do you want to use it for? Any particular sounds, midi, all around keyboard, etc? I might be able to answer your question better if I knew your purpose for the purchase.

• What exactly do you want to use it for? Any particular sounds, midi, all around keyboard, etc? I might be able to answer your question better if I knew your purpose for the purchase.

primarily, for playing bass lines BUT i also wantthe sounds /filters etc...a cheaper mikrokorg

primarily, for playing bass lines BUT i also wantthe sounds /filters etc...a cheaper mikrokorg

For bass, stick with analog. You can grab a Juno 60 for around $250-320(if you're willing to throw in a little extra cash) depending on condition. Check craigslist and myspace classifieds around your area and use ebay as a last resort. For a little more you could cop a Juno 106- can't go wrong with a 106. Digital is an option, but you won't get that punchy, fat bass. You can get close with lots of layering and compression, but it would serve you better to save that extra cash and invest in a good analog synth. Peace.

Late night reading: http://www.synthsite.com/

• chasechase 767 Posts
    can you save presents on the bass stations?

Ive heard the bass stations where not so great, but I have never used one..

I'm almost positive you can save presets on the bass station.