YES!!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    really loved the speech
    i hope he adresses african nations in a similar open honest fashion
    cant wait to see the republicans try to spin this
    love thefact the whitehouse has a youtube channel

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Very well done.

Am I the only one who noticed the fly land on his forehead at the 16:50 mark??

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Thus far, the number-one talking point is: "OMG, he called us a Muslim nation!"

I'm sure there's plenty more crazy to come, too.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Thus far, the number-one talking point is: "OMG, he called us a Muslim nation!"

I'm sure there's plenty more crazy to come, too.

From Fox News. Don't even need to read the headline, just check the URL:

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm eager to hear RootlessCosmo's thoughts

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

Within minutes, Rush Limbaugh seized upon the section about partnerships between the USA and the muslim world and raved that it would mean us partnering with the muslim equivalents of ACORN and Jeremiah Wright, and us paying more taxes for muslim-oriented business & outreach programs.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Incredible speech.

Fox News headline is "Obama's Invitation To Terrorists"

wow

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

He seems to be on an extended Asian sabbatical at the moment--I'm hoping it's mellowed the boy.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

He seems to be on an extended Asian sabbatical at the moment--I'm hoping it's mellowed the boy.

Please - let us not forget that his nom de guerre, inspired by an obscure Fredro Starr alias, is "Never Fails The Israelian".

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I've been meaning to talk to my pops about his feelings on Obama's new "balanced" approach. He's pretty staunch on both Obama and Israel (very pro both), but I've spent a lot of time talking to him about the settlements issue. Definitely interested in hearing Rootless's take.

That said, I watched Obama on youtube today, and I also happen to be reading the new Neil MacFarquhar book. So many of his prescriptions for what ails the Middle East were touched on in this speech that I actually felt almost optimistic about US strategy in the region. Interested in hearing what the board's conservatives have to say about the speech as well. Except dolo, F*ck that dude..

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Ah, he said Muslims are great and criticized the USA.
    Talking points for days.

• Despite my distaste for Obama, the speech was mostly good.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Despite my distaste for Obama, the speech was mostly good.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Is this video marked private for anyone else trying to watch???

• yeah i'm having trouble seeing this too, does anyone else have a working youtube link?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Is this video marked private for anyone else trying to watch???

PRIVATE PRESIDENT

• Speech was your typical Obama speech. Formulaic, sappy and devoid of any intellectual content.

Not that I am upset about it. It didn't even touch on what policy changes we could expect to see. Apart from garnering some predictably adoring praise from the press it is of no consequence whatsoever. Relations remain exactly where they were prior to the speech.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Speech was your typical Obama speech. Formulaic, sappy and devoid of any intellectual content.

Not that I am upset about it. It didn't even touch on what policy changes we could expect to see. Apart from garnering some predictably adoring praise from the press it is of no consequence whatsoever. Relations remain exactly where they were prior to the speech.
    this is a pretty awful post
    i dont think anyone expected relations to shift as a result of a single speech - in fact, he said as much in the speech.
    the speech his hardly of 'no consequence'
    as he pretty explicitly stated a policy change from the bush admin re: israeli settlements. there were other significant policies mentioned (i.e. the intent to microfinance women's educations) but i suppose u just dont find those to be 'significant'

yeah all in all your post was pretty moronic

• Speech was your typical Obama speech. Formulaic, sappy and devoid of any intellectual content.

i dont think anyone expected relations to shift as a result of a single speech - in fact, he said as much in the speech.
    as he pretty explicitly stated a policy change from the bush admin re: israeli settlements. there were other significant policies mentioned (i.e. the intent to microfinance women's educations) but i suppose u just dont find those to be 'significant'

come on dude, i thought we were all in agreement that we were not going to respond to his troll-esque comments anymore.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    didnt know he was a troll my bad

great post !!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Interested in hearing what the board's conservatives have to say about the speech as well. Except dolo, F*ck that dude..

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Interested in hearing what the board's conservatives have to say about the speech as well. Except dolo, F*ck that dude..

Atleast he's not as bad as some of those drunk dudes over in Israel.

http://www.philipweiss.org/mondoweiss/20...o-address.html?

X10000000000000

• "i'm a political science major so i know my shit...who is benjamin yahoo?"

those drunk people in that video in no way represent any mainstream israeli sentiments. if you ever have the pleasure of visiting israel you will find that these throngs of young american/canadian, conservative teens/twentysoemtings spouting off loudly and passionately on terraces about shit they have no clue about. they are always the most strident ones and the ones who avoid military service at all costs.

Nah. Bush himself criticized the israeli settlements and the 'roadmap to peace' calls for a freeze on their expansion. Micro-credit for women in the middle east is another years old bush policy.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Speech was your typical Obama speech. Formulaic, sappy and devoid of any intellectual content.

Nah. Bush himself criticized the israeli settlements and the 'roadmap to peace' calls for a freeze on their expansion.
    and then winked & looked the other way when israel continued building those settlements, while obama has been doing the opposite. come on

• Please explain what Obama has been doing differently re israeli settlements.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    bringing to people's attention that israel has to cease settlement activity

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i mean why would he make a big deal out of it if it was going to be ignored anyway, making him look like a wuss? hes not gonna stand up & say 'stop doing this' if hes going to let it happen anyway, it would be an embarrassment

• bringing to people's attention that israel has to cease settlement activity

I've already explained why this is wrong. All you have to do is google "bush israeli settlements" to know that your alleged difference isn't anything of the sort.